• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Replacing seal on 7245 drop box

slowalker

Level 2
First name
slowalker
Hi
Need to replace the seal on the drop box on a 7245.I removed the drive shaft and removed the guard around the yoke on the dropbox and it appears that to get the yoke off there is a nut and cotter pin behind the universal joint.So how do I remove that ujoint while it is still in the tractor??
THANKS for any Help .

Hi
Need to replace the seal on the drop box on a 7245.I removed the drive shaft and removed the guard around the yoke on the dropbox and it appears that to get the yoke off there is a nut and cotter pin behind the universal joint.So how do I remove that ujoint while it is still in the tractor??
THANKS for any Help .

You should be able to undo the 4 nuts that lets the universal joint separate and then you can open off the castle nut in the middle.

This yoke is not built like that ,all 4 caps are press fit in ,no bolts to be able to remove.

Gave up and just pulled the drop box off and pressed the u-joint out and removed the spline and replaced the 2 seals.

Some of the shafts on newer jeeps and the like have studs holding the joint together without a nut on the end instead are fitted in place by an allen key in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back