• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Starting Problem on 6718

pete_turner50

Level 2
First name
Pete T
Hi I just bought a 6718 to restore. The tractor starts from a tow but fails to start from the button. All I get is a click. The batteries and connections are in good order.

What do I do next

Check the starter- the contactor on the top of the starter.The best way is to use good skrew-driver bay conecting the poles on the contactor.If is not working then perhaps you have to open the con... and clean the poles from inside.You can check the starter with volt/amper meter. Good luck!

Yordan means the solenoid on top of the starter when he is refering to the contactor.

[glow=green,3]TomZ[/]

Thanks for the info. The starter motor works fine but the solenoid doesn't push the cog forward into the fly wheel. I can get the solenoid off but can't open the case easily. i don't want to use brute force just in case I break it. It looks as if someone has soldered the terminal inplace.
Is it repairable or do I need to replace it ? ???

[
In this case I would just replase it.New solenoid here in Iceland cost 6000 isl.kr.=100$,so it must be much cheaper in USA.
N.B.Im talking about "PAL" starters.There is also "BOCH" starters wich fit on Zetor

Thanks for the advice. :p I'm from Baxterley England by the way

I have replaced the solenoid and the engine turns over nicely. It has yet to start but that problem will have wait until tomorrow. The rest of today will be spent taking the tin work off for either restoration or replacement. How easy is it to obtain good replacement panels, I certainly need a new hood.

I'm new to this game so any advice on how I should tackle the restoration would be much appreciated. Is their a certain order I should look at things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back