• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Stuck in gear

timber

Level 2
First name
timber
My Zetor will only move in reverse, but the shifting lever must be in nuteral. when the shifting lever is in any other gear the transmission will kill the engine. This Zetor needs help .:eek:
Has anyone hade this happen to their machine?:sneaky:
I think I should bleed the fuel line, because since I replaced the fuel line from the fuel tank to the sediment boul there is about three quarter of fuel in sediment boul when Zetor is running. 1/4 of screen in sediment boul at top of sediment boul is covered in fuel. I know boul was a always full before changing fuel line. When Zetor is off sediment boul is full.???
Does anyone know what should be done?

thanks Tmber

There is a row of 5 bolts right before the pto and range levers, underneath the mid transmission tunnel. You can take out the 2nd one from the right and put the gear back to neutral with a screwdriver. When you need to do this often, you can get a modification kit from your dealer, 15 euro and half a days work.

If the tractor runs OK don't worry about the fuel bowl issue.
I suspect it was sometimes like this before but you didn't notice.

We had a 7245 did the same gearbox trick.
It was working hard and it was hot weather.
I had some problem getting into a lowergear quickly as I was pulling a load up a steep hill.
The dealer did the trick under the cab with a screwdriver and it never happened again.
Some other older tractors we had e.g. Case 1494 do something similar in the gearbox, but with that one I could often get the gearbox to work again by careful manipulation of the gear lever!

Renze
Your on the ball buddy. the problem was a weak d-tent. just like you said second from right. it took me all day to get running board, and hot seat platform off. [glow=green,3]there's lots to disconnect to get to the d-tents. [/]

Oh sorry i forgot all about that: It's not as easy on ALL zetors ;)
Our dealer modified all 2 series tractors they sold: They made a slot in the mid cover, right above the ball bolts, so they are accessible within 1 minute..

the trick, yes. But the factory modification kit does not fit a 4718 due to the different gearlever. On our 6718 with 10.200 hrs, i just backfill welded the wear grooves in the transmission housing and smoothened them out with a grinder and file.

Hi,

Thank you for the info.

I am new to working on tractors, couldyou explain a bit more about how the trick works?

I have describeb the problem on my 4718in another thread here inthe forum, maybe you can tell me more there?

Best regards

Jens Jakob

hi
my 7745turbo gets stuck to i have to remove the floor
it only seem to do it when hot and under stress:(
why is that???

the problem whit that is , the stress off the driver, when youre bissy you forgot to shif smootly and than you have de problems !

There is a row of 5 bolts right before the pto and range levers, underneath the mid transmission tunnel. You can take out the 2nd one from the right and put the gear back to neutral with a screwdriver. When you need to do this often, you can get a modification kit from your dealer, 15 euro and half a days work.

We are having the same issue are those bolts on the side of the tranny ?

No on top. 10 to 15cm in front of the hi lo and pto levers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back