• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Stuck in reverseA

brian_lofthouse

Level 2
First name
Brian Lofthouse
Another question for you Zetor mechanics to get ours going again. I won't be doing the repairs but I would like to have some idea what is involved.
Today I reversed up to a pile of timber to pick it up, I pulled the lever out of reverse but when I let the clutch out it was still in reverse, the gear lever moves but doesn't do anything.
I think it could be an expensive repair job, am I right?
Shoud I tell my boss to sit down before I him what's happened?
Thanks again for your knowledge, Brian.

You need to remove middle part of the cabin floor and then you need just a screw driver..... That is typical for lots off driven Zetors. (and another older tractors too) Dont worry its not expensive. Look what mechanic does do and next time you can do it yourself!

Thanks Markku,
It doesn't sound as bad as I thought, now I should be able to sleep tonight, only problem now is finding a mechanic that likes walking or fell about 50 trees so I can reverse it out to the roadside.
Thanks again Brian.

Just sounds like a worn gear selector to me.Nothing too serious-I think you can replace them by taking off the top plate of the gearbox.Unlike someone I know who lent his 7745 to a mate.This mate found the low range high range lever stiff to operate and lacking in any mechanical sympathy he put a self grip wrench on the lever and heaved;thus snapping the selector lever inside the gearbox!!

Yes it was a worn gear selector, we got a local Zetor mechanic out to it, he had it put right in about 10 minutes. (more like 10 hours with a New Holland) He said it will most likely do it again, so he is making a kit up which stops it.
It has done it today but I had no problem getting it out of gear with a screwdriver. Thanks Marku and Crystalman

Right, you can take out the ball pin that makes the lever click into gear, and work it back to the center with a screwdriver.

Our 5245 had a mod kit installed, 15 Euro plus a 2 hours of work. On the 6718 i welded the lever liners inside the gearbox, to fill the wear ridges, It's still a millimeter deep slot, but that's on the safe side as i dont want to take the risk of not fitting shifting forks.

Does anyone know the actual name of the kit as my agent and the national importer don't seem to know of it - although they both admit it would be a very handy item.
A part number may be very worth while if it is available.
What is actually in the kit and how does it make the selection more positive. While my 7045 seems Okay present, she is getting on. As I will be working her in a block across a river where access is problematic, as a safeguard tending to it now would give peace of mind.
Thanks

Hi Bob

The part number of the kit is TL3262.

It consists of some small pieces of key steel which are welded onto the selector rails and 2 slide plates which are welded to the sliding plate on the gear lever housing. It makes it impossible to select another gear until the one you are in is back in neutral. I keep these kits in stock as they get used regularly.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back