• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Temp membrane?

inside the big rubber bulge in the upper radiator hose. untighten the hose clamp and pull it apart.

Ok thanks, that's what I thought. I did that yersterday and there was nothing there!!. What's the symtoms of not having a termostat? My problem is that the engine does not get hotter that 40-45 C in vinter time. Should I put in a termostatmembrane and that will do it?

it can mean 2 things: the membrane got stuck and someone removed it, or:

The engine is shot, and someone removed the membrane to slow the engine getting to operating temperature, and possible buyers dont notice the engine is overheating in a short testdrive.

Jimbo
I would fit a new thermostat and see how it goes. they are not expensive.
It is a good idea to remove the bottom radiator hose and flush out the engine and radiator while you are doing it.
Make sure you put the new 'stat in the correct way round - bellows or sensor side nearest the engine.
If the new 'stat has'nt got a by-pass hole in the casing or by the valve disc, it ia a good idea to drill a 1.5 mm hole near the edge to allow a small amount of coolant to circulate to prevent the engine reaching max temp before the stat opens.
Hope this helps, Dave

I got the temostat today. It looks like a UFO...
Is it suppose to go inside the bugly part of the engine pipe and be
locked by a spring or something? The termostat that i bought (which was suppsed to be for a Z571:cool: is a little bit to wide to fit inside the "pipe". I figure i can grid it down by 2 mm and then it will fit. Am I on the right track?
Maybe someone can describe the fitting in detail N:)

Jimbo,
Its supposed to be a tight fit in the rubber. slide it in flat and carefully rotate it until its square across the pipe. make sure its the correct way round.
Dave

All is well in Zetor land.
I grided the termostat down to fit insde the "tube" and put a rubber round it to tighten. The temp whent slowly up to 80 and stayed there. Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back