• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

turbo 12045

lwalsh2

Level 2
First name
lwalsh2
Hi we currently are rebuilding the engine on an 12045 and as turbo pistons are being fitted I am wondeing can we instal a turbo to the engine, if we can what type or size should we look for? regards Liam.

If you use original gel type turbo head gaskets, the engine will cope with 160hp as thats all it differs with the 16045 engine. With intercooler you can double its hp (240hp) but the transmission wont take that.

Good stuff can I fit a 14145 turbo or do I go with a smaller model, maybe one from a 4 cyl tractor, other concerns are the crankshaft and conrods up to the extra power...........Liam.

The 14145 has the same engine displacement. Dont use a smaller turbo, you will blow up the turbo.

The crank and conrods will do fine. In former days, people from England used to swap the 4 cylinder Zetor engine for a 6 cylinder Perkins, which had the same engine length... These Zetor engines are way overbuilt, so dont worry.

Is it possible to install a turbo from 16045 / 16145 on the 12045 engine, or is 14125 turbo more suitable?
And the same cuestion concerning the injection pump /-system??

The 14145 was just a downtuned 16145 so the turbo is identical.

And 16145 turbo + injectionpump etc. fits on 12045, even if they are from a newer model?? ???

And 16145 turbo + injectionpump etc. fits on 12045, even if they are from a newer model?? ???
i'm 99% sure of that.

Now I have got the turbo. But where can I get a intercooler? What to do whith the aircleaner?

Now I have got the turbo. But where can I get a intercooler? What to do whith the aircleaner?
Only the 18345 came with a factory mounted intercooler. If you stick to 160hp theres nothing to worry. But you might make it more fuel efficient with the intercooler.

700hp here and the tranny can handle it:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjPf-vDGxVk

Karel has his well proven rig for sale. Boy can this thing put up a cloud of thick black smoke when in competition.
A very big Favourite at out national tractor pulls.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Business-farming-industry/Farming-forestry/Tractors/301-HP-or-more/auction-346166664.htm

Hmm he speaks of liners and pistons, but the crankshaft is original, just balanced ?? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back