• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

"Weight Transfer"? UR1

arctic003

Level 2
First name
Arctic003
Hi Again

I've been meaning to ask this one for ages but kept forgetting. Old age setting in I suppose...

Anyway, I'm a bit puzzled by the setting on the 3pt lift control marked 'weight transfer' (I assume that's the correct translation anyway).

With the hydraulics in 'position', if the lever is moved forward of the 'free' position into this 'weight transfer' region, the implement starts to rise up again.

This is a bit irritating as it means I have to be very careful not to push the lever too far forward when lowering my snow blower, otherwise it rides up and leaves half the snow behind. OK, I can take the extra 0.01 of a second to make sure the lever is in the right position, but the question is, what is this "weight transfer" setting actually for ???

Many thanks

It transfers weight from the mounted implelement to the rear wheels to aid traction the lower the lever is the greater weight transfer. On our tractors it is labelled Antislip.
Set the lever stop to at the float position to avoid going into the position you dont want

Hi again, and thanks for your reply Alzet.

It transfers weight from the mounted implelement to the rear wheels to aid traction the lower the lever is the greater weight transfer. On our tractors it is labelled Antislip.

Aha, well, that makes sense. But... why not just lift the impliment very slightly? What's the difference?

Set the lever stop to at the float position to avoid going into the position you dont want

:mad: now why didn't I think of that!

Thanks again

But when you are using the "Weight transfer" (painonsiirto in finnish) position be carefully when its warm weather! That position heat up the transmission oils very fast! I think its safe to use it winter but use it summer only temporary:cool:

By the way! There is the 4. lever that adjust the speed of the lifting and draft position sensitivity (herkkyydenst or something in finnish) That should be working also by adjusting the weight of weight transfer! I think...... The never Zetor models doesnt have it anymore. Our 6045 was the last if I remember right.

Markku, our 5245 also has the reaction speed adjustment lever. Actually it controls the oil flow, the excess of oil flow is blown off, less oil flow means less reaction speed.

I did not know that putting the lever in foremost position was also a weight transfer setting. All we use is the D-M-P lever, and with the three furrow 16" plough, the reaction speed is set to maximum because the heavy and long plough isn't lifted so quick.
I think alos, that on our 5245, this is not as on the older tractors, i mean when putting the lever in most forward position, it does not loft the 3p lift anymore. ??

When ploughing with the 6718, we need to hang front weights, otherwise the draft control will make the nose wave, because it has the sprung front axle. It lifts the front axle high in the springs before it actually lifts the plough....:)

Yes, I can remember now, the 6045 was last of our Zetors that had weight transfer position.... Newer doesnt have it. There is only lift, position, and free positions on the hitch lever. Well, I am not missing the weight transfer position. There is no much to use for it. Our MF soes have it and Ive been used it maybe only few times.....

Anyway,

Merry Christmas for everybody!

Markku, do you use the draft control with the D-M-P lever on your newer tractors ?

I use mostly The P position but M position is used when pulling plough. D position isnt used at all.. Well now I have new ploughs and they are so heavy, that they cant be lowered down if the position M is engaged so I think in future I will use only the P position. I did notice via my new ploughs that the upper arm sensor isnt the best way for draft sence system:sneaky: What do you think folks?

How do you mean in the position M, the heavy plough cant be lowered ?

Yes, the top link sensor works very well for 1, 2 and sometimes 3 furrow plougs, but 4 furrows and bigger need sensors on the lower link arms.
Read the URII history section about the Zetormatic II on the Crystals.

Maybe you should use the D setting with a long 3 furrow plough, because of the more sensitive reaction to the more stabile movements of the big plough ?

Renze,

I mean the plough just drop down! You cant lower it carefully and when heavy plough drop down it will be broken soon. Well, lifting has the same problem. It comes up with speed, and you cant set the upper position and the first furrow comes in the cabin....

BUT!

With the smaller plough the zetormatic system is world best mechanically controlled system! I can tell that after some MF:s and after 6 Zetor experience!:cool:

So, you mean the actual lifting and lowering at the headland turn, not the actual draft game of lifting and lowering a centimeter or two to control the traction ?

So... Harry Ferguson, the inventor, is beaten in his own technical territory... ;)

Yes, i feel it to be a bit fast too, sometimes.

What kind of plough do you have ? 18" three furrow ?

I have agrolux 3x14-18" plough. The weight is about 750-800 kg. It feels to be max size for my 7745. It would pull 4x14-18" plough but it would not lift that anymore:sneaky:

I wish i had your plough...
Currently, we plough with a 3 furrow 16" on our 5245. On grass pastures, it is too narrow to work closely alongside the fences, it cannot plough the last 40 cm of ground alongside the fence...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back