• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Window rubber seals

croc2

Level 2
First name
William
Hi

Am i the only person that suffers from leaky seals around windows ,
the windscreen rubbers on zetor dont seems it like diesel blown onto them as the one on my 12245 has gone all floppy on the bottom and the right hand side. I was thinking about having taken out and bonded in like they do car windows.

any thoughts on this?????

Sounds interesting.There is plenty of metal to bond the glass to underneath the seal.Then you can just put a trim peice over the gap like they do on car windscreens.I have though about doing this aswell but my rubber is OK at the moment.I have had to weld new metal lips for the seals to fit to on my 8245's cab though as water had got under the seals especially the rear and side windows.
Steve.

i think the best thing to do is not spill diesel on the bonnet or waste any as the fan then blows it up onto the window rubber. not easy when i fill up out of cans two or three times a week. mind you dont have this problem on the 9145 as its got the duncan cab and the front windscreen is in a metal frame kind off. mind you this goes back to zetors crappy rubber hoses and seals again. What do you think ???

Yeah I agree about the hoses.Especially the furry green stuff;) I am presently changing all of my pipes and water hoses to prevent future leaks as they have been on for 13 years and are looking a little tatty.Old Skodas are exactly the same.They have the famous "Spam Clips" on the hoses instead of Jubillee type clips as they couldn't afford to import good ones!!

I am bored totally for a zetor quality rubber.... In rainy day the water comes through seals and is dropping on the dashboard!!! Same problem is when you are washing the tractor:(

When humidity gets between seals and cab frame (body) the corrosive is seen very soon!

Does zetor clean the cab frame before painting? The frame does get rusty very soon when driving on the Finnish roads when its a winter, because here is used a salt to prevent slippind accidents. Almost new cabin can be badly corrosived and paint is getting off in a big slices??? I havent met this problem in MF, Valmet or JD69)

Come on !!!

no rust on an MF ?? the Landini cabs on teh 600 series were teh worst rust buckets ever !! if a Dutch export company puts an advertisement in a paper for MF 300-500-600 series export tractors, they mention that the rotten cab is no problem !!

The bonnet is clean (MF built) but the cab is always rotten (Landini built)

Sorry, but have experience only 2600 and 3000 series mf:s.....

My friend did buy A new 9540 few years ago and the cabin was allready in rust when he got it! My 7745 cabin is badly rusty (even inside!) and Im considering to clean and repaint it.

I admit, some Case has the same problem.

What do you think of MF 3000 series? i have 3085 and like it wondering what others think. We had 8111 one time with quickie loader on it must have been near 10000 hours on it when we sold it gave very little trouble traded it in for a f110 fiat

I think mf 3000 series is good and comfortable tractor, but heard and saw many transmission problems.... 3000 series has bad gearbox and 3600 series has bad differential gears..... 3000 series is designed up to 80hp and then power is raised up to 130! I think you are wise if you are little carefully when working hard.... and if you hear something unnormal voices or notice something, stop and check the reason. It can come cheaper than driving gearbox totally finish........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back