• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 3511

mmcerlean

Level 2
First name
mmcerlean
Hi,
I'm in Northern Ireland and i have a 3511 (not sure of the year) but i was thinking about restoring it.
I was wondering where i could get the tin work, bonnet and mudguards, Also does anyone know if it is possible to fit one of the older round nose bonnets to a 3511, did the earliest models ever come fitted with this bonnet???
How hard are the parts to come by, and where would be a good place to start looking.
The engine is running but doesn't idle correctly and there is a lot of play in the steering box as the tractor was used with a (quickie) loader and has seen a lot of work (my uncle bought the tractor new and got a lot of use out of it)

Any help , tips, tricks or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi there i have a 3545 so they are pretty much the same accept for 4wd.

Tinwork is hard to come by! the round nose bonnet is nothing like our ones it tilts forward the top doesnt open sideways.
mt bonnet was salvagable and i have been welding parts into it today:sneaky: what a job:( !

your steering could be wobbly due to worn drag link ends ( these are available) or the worm may have worn in your syeering box. to save further damage check the oil in it.

you say your engine wont tick over? these engines stop by pushing the throttle all the way to nothing. so they dont really idle they run a little faster. so probobaly nothing to worry about.

parts are available pretty easily machanically wise.

but tinwork is not available. youll be lucky if you can come across tidy second hand stuff as it rots easily.

ive been welding mine and i didnt like it.

if you need any help email me on malmorgan50@hotmail.com

cheers matt

Hi,

I'm near Ballymena in County Antrim, I haven't really started looking properly but i thought i would throw it out there and see what comes up as far as advice.

The reason i was asking about the round nosed bonnet is that iv'e seen one before and it looks like a far better bonnet than the later square ones which as you say seem to rot and fall apart fairly easily.

Someone told me that the steering box could be tightened up by taking out washer like shims in it or something but i'm not sure. The play is definitely in the steering box itself as opposed to the track rods, when the steering wheel is moved there is a definite lash in it before it moves the steering arms.

When i say the engine isn't ticking over i should have said it doesn't idle properly, i.e. when it is running it revs up and slows off and then revs up and so on, not sure if its wear in the fuel pump or something?

The reason its not idleing is probobaly because your pump has no oil in it? its probobaly doing what they call surgeing.

the round nose bonnet comes of a 3011 or a 3045.

this will not fit your 3511

your steering could be worn out internally. there is a big square block inside the box with two large cutout either side. i have been told if you remove this and turn it upside down it will work again? but im not so sure. i took my 3545 one apart to clean out the sludge and didnt find any shims! possibly your bearings of the steering wheel shaft have collapsed causing it to not react properly.

anything else just ask. matthew

up and down in the revs? its defenately surgeing. fill it with oil quick. if you want to know how just ask me.
matthew

wait i remember now there are shims in the steering box. take of the fuel tank. and remove the steering wheel. the undo the 4 boltsfor the sleeve which goes over the main steering shaft 17 or 18 mm. then grip the shaft with mole grips and turn it one way ( cant remeber which) and the bearing should pop out under that are the shims.

After you have adjusted shims, be sure to turn the steering wheel to full lock both ways to make sure it doesn't jam on the bits that are not so worn. I speak from experience of a Landrover box that was so tight at the ends that it took both hands to steer.New box was needed !!

Hi did you try Thomas McKeever in portglenone,im restoring a 5718 and hes been able to supply most parts,or Alan Barlow in Cheshire?

I've noticed a lot of people recommending Alan Barlow for Zetor parts but i could never get any of the website links to work!!

Is his website still up and does anyone know the web link (that works)

cheers.

His website doesnt exsist anymore ive tried looking for it.

Barlows of henbury (alan barlow) are one hell of a good place to but zetor parts!

ive brought some stuff for my 3545 from them and they are always very helpful. I email him alot for advice and he is very good like this.

his email is Barlowsag@aol.com

email him he is always very good to me!

Cheers for that Matthew, i will have to get in touch with him.

So do you have any pictures of your 3545 anywhere that i could have a look at, it sounds like you've given it a total overhaul.

Also, just out of interest, I know a guy who has been at me to sell him the zetor i have, he was offering me 500 for it, said it wasn't worth anything more. I'm not even interested in selling it, i quite fancy doing it up as they aren't that common around where i am and its a pretty handy little setup. It fitted with a quickie loader and a Sekura cab. I'm pretty sure any mechanical work it needs is nothing too major, its been stored in a dry shed for years and it starts ok with a bit of encouragement, the main work would be cosmetic.
Anyone willing to suggest a ball park figure of what it would be worth as a good fixer-upper

500 tell him to go elsewhere! she must be worth 800 at least. i paid 275 for my zetor her 4wd was bugered i paid 100 for a halfshaft and 90 for bearings in the front axle. i then made my own prop out of a landrover one costing 40. shes had all new masters and slaves. clutches both new brakes as well all new. engine been stripped. had a de coke and re ground the valves new head gaskets. injectors overhauled. at the moment it's sitting on stands painted red oxide. i will give it one more red oxide coat then will start going on to the proper colours. she needs new tyres.

just had new clutches should have cleaned her first

front axle stripped out then i steam cleaned it

ill take some as she looks soon.

You can get new mudguards,lights,paint,all the mecanical parts,radiator, starter-motor, ect... from zetor dealer and Injectors,gaskets and other funny bits and things from barlows

For the idle- You must fill the injector pump with oil until it is full to the top the first time, then drain it and fill it again with new oil
If this does not help you must adjust the rack inside the pump.
you can also tweek the HP a little! hehe:p

The steering- You can get a new steering box shaft and worm ect.. from barlows, it is easy to fit.

Anyways, that 3545 looks good for 275!

500 is scrap value! It is not worth selling a zetor now, wait some years there will not be many left in the uk and they will be worth more;)

are yousure you can get radiators. i was told they are no longer available? i could do with one otherwise i recore my old one.

try the oil trick like internash said there are 2 places to fill it with oil.

1st place: ther is a small metaloil leak of hose which comes of the pump and goes down and ends next to the fuel filters. fill this with oil until it starts coming out.

2nd place. at the rear of the pump there are two bungs with bolt heads and straight screwdriver tops. ther is one bung on top of the other undo the top one and fill it with oil until it starts coming out. replace the plug and give her a go.

REMEMBER: the engine will still surge for a while until the oil makes it's way around.

good luck

the metal pipe where you are suppose to fill with oil!

remove the pipe by unbolting then fill inside the pump with oil;)

If you can dig up those details of whoever that is selling the 3511 i might be interested, do you know much about it, what sort of shape it is in etc?

cheers 5718-ireland!!!

Cheers guys for the tips and advice etc.

Heres a link to a 1968 3511 which has the round nose bonnet i was talking about, Just wondering what the difference is in fitting this and whether i could fit one of these older style bonnets to a 3511 with the newer square bonnet!!!

Heres a link to a 1968 3511 which has the round nose bonnet i was talking about, Just wondering what the difference is in fitting this and whether i could fit one of these older style bonnets to a 3511 with the newer square bonnet!!!

We had Zetor 2511, produced 1968, square bonet, 2511 decals on panels, with 2011 written on data plate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back