• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Zetor 5011 engine temperature

cipriano28

Level 2
First name
Ciprian

Machinery:
Zetor 5011
Hello everyone! I have a Zetor 5011 and I would like to ask for some advice regarding my problem. I replaced the water pump a year ago because it had a crack and was leaking water. For about 2 months now, the engine heats up very quickly and runs out of water. I don't have any leaks. I don't know what the problem could be; the radiator is not clogged. I don't use it for heavy work, but it just heats up very quickly. What could be the issue? Could the water pump be damaged again? The head gasket?

Hello,

Was it an original water pump with a cast impeller (it will have "Zetor " written on the pump housing) or a Polish one (darker brown, poorer cast) or even a Chinese one (poor cast, sheet metal impeller).

With the latter, the impeller tends to break down... But you can only check this by removing the water pump.

Therefore, beforehand:
- Is there enough coolant in the system?
- Thermostat works (opens completely at around 78°C)?
- How warm does the coolant get?
- Are there any external leaks?
- Do you have water in the engine oil?
- Do you have oil in the cooling water or pressure on the cooling system?
- Is the radiator cap the right one and tight?
- Temperature gauge works correctly?

And... you had two questions and you were answered twice. It would be nice if you could briefly introduce yourself and your Zetor in words and pictures (tractor). Thank you. :)

Thank you for the response! It is a Polish pump, there is enough coolant, the thermostat is working, I don't have water in the oil or vice versa, and there are no leaks. It just heats up way too quickly and all the water in the radiator evaporates.

Thats near by impossible if the ventilator is runing and radiator realy free for air stream outside and coolant inside.

What if you remove the thermostat? better, bader, equal?

If thermostat is realy OK and coolant too - I think you have to remove and check the waterpump again. Normaly you should see a stream in the coolant if the thermostat is open. If so?

Hi cipriano28,
From your description of the trouble,
it may be your new coolant-pump is blocked somewhere and/or the coolant-pump is not moving the coolant itself.

For the “runs out of water” and there is no evidence of leakage, then maybe could be a head-gasket failure
and the water is being consumed by one or more of the pistons.

Thank's for the answer Robertzetor3340. How can I check which gasket is blown? Or do I need to replace them all?

To check what gasket is leak you need longer as to remove all 3 and change all.
Exhaust pipe, water pipe and air pipe is to remove in every case - so... ;)

But to choose the right one (cylinder head gasket) you need a dial gauge to see its a 1,2mm gasked needed or a 1,5mm gasked. If you dont can or will messure use the higher one 1,5mm gasked...

And - please fill in your profile with the type of Zetor do you have and your first name so its easier speek to you with your name. Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back