• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Zetor 5011 fuel system with 12 V electical fuel pump?

cipriano28

Level 2
First name
Ciprian

Machinery:
Zetor 5011
Hello, guys! I have a friend who owns a Zetor 5011. He's not very good with technology, so he asked me to post a question here. At the outlet of the tank, there's a 12v electric fuel pump, and then it goes into the pump with the decanter glass. If he cancels that pump, the tractor doesn't get fueled anymore. Where could the defect be that the former owner installed that electric pump?

Hello,
I think he had a defective diesel pump and bypassed it with the 12 diesel pump.

Photos would be nice, then we could perhaps say more.

Maybe you could also find some tips in these related messages, from a few months ago. ;)

Hello, guys! I have a friend who owns a Zetor 5011. He's not very good with technology, so he asked me to post a question here. At the outlet of the tank, there's a 12v electric fuel pump, and then it goes into the pump with the decanter glass. If he cancels that pump, the tractor doesn't get fueled anymore. Where could the defect be that the former owner installed that electric pump?
In my opinion, the most common reason for installing an electric pump is that the mechanical one is defective or that it sucks air somewhere between the pump and the tank. The fault can also be in the actual bend between hose and tank. Hard to detect but it causes all the fuel to flow back into the tank and you get an air pocket.

A few years back I added an electric fuel pump to my Zetor 5211. I have the Zetor service manual , and it says (and I am majorly paraphrasing this) that if the pump is no longer able to keep the engine running then an electrical auxiliary fuel pump needs to be added (I can take a photo of that if you want). I think it was Ridgeway that I called, and the guy recommended a Walbro GSL-392 electric pump. I got an off-brand version of the GSL-392 (because the Walbro brand one was not in stock), which fixed the problem. I installed it between the fuel tank and the fuel filter and wired it to the ignition. It has been running well for about 3 years now since I did that. If that electric pump isn't running, the tractor runs for about 3-7 minutes and dies.

I have the Zetor service manual , and it says (and I am majorly paraphrasing this) that if the pump is no longer able to keep the engine running then an electrical auxiliary fuel pump needs to be added (I can take a photo of that if you want)
Oh please - very interesting. :)

I think it was Ridgeway that I called, and the guy recommended a Walbro GSL-392 electric pump.
sure ???

I found thsi specs for:
  • pump:- Walbro GSL392
  • voltage: 12V
  • flowrate Ltr/Hr (Max):- 348
  • flowrate Ltr/Hr @ 3 Bar (44psi):- 270
  • flowrate Ltr/Hr @ 5 Bar (73psi):- 222
  • max pressure (Bar):- 9,6
  • max distance to fuel tank 0,6 m
Sounds for me a little bit to much for - or not? :unsure:

Oh please - very interesting. :)

sure ???

I found thsi specs for:
  • pump:- Walbro GSL392
  • voltage: 12V
  • flowrate Ltr/Hr (Max):- 348
  • flowrate Ltr/Hr @ 3 Bar (44psi):- 270
  • flowrate Ltr/Hr @ 5 Bar (73psi):- 222
  • max pressure (Bar):- 9,6
  • max distance to fuel tank 0,6 m
Sounds for me a little bit to much for - or not? :unsure:
Here you go.

Attachments

• zetorman1.jpg
    zetorman1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 6
  • zetorman2.jpg
    zetorman2.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 6
  • zetorman3.jpg
    zetorman3.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 7
Ok, under the old number I doesnt find a actual electrical fuel pump, but the hint with the min. 10 psi is good. :like

I found also this old thread here:
Its the same theme I hink

I have added here at our sister forum some othe fuel pumps they should work from the specifications I think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back