• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 6045 - Hydaulic issue and FEL not working

jds_surf

Level 2
First name
Jared
My 6045 had a bad leak at the 4wd shaft on the bottom of the gearbox. I drained the oil and replaced the seal and have filled this up so it is showing on the dipstick.

The 3pt works and the arms are raising and lowering. When I push the hydraulic control lever fully forward (to the right of the seat) I can hear what I assume is the pump engaging and when I pull it all the way back it does not make a sound. I thought it was dual action and expected to hear the pump in both full forward and full back positions.

I have the pto / hydraulic lever in the fully forward position (which i believe is hydraulic only) although the when I hop out of cab I Can see the PTO shaft running very slowly even when this position is selected.

My FEL has one line which connects to one of the quick connects at the back of the of the tractor and another line which is adapted to fit to the fill point / dipstick inside the cabin. It has a set of levers fitted which are to the right of the steering wheel.

When i pull any of these levers nothing seems to happen with the hydraulics going to the FEL. I am wondering if there is another option to activate the rear hydraulics or do I need to prime the lines going to FEL or is there something else?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for the assistance.

Looks like you'd got an air lock, if there's no pressure. Try putting your connection pipe for the loader in the valve where it's making noise and it might right itself.

Looks like you'd got an air lock, if there's no pressure. Try putting your connection pipe for the loader in the valve where it's making noise and it might right itself.

So when you save the valve making the noise do you mean the other quick connect at the rear of the tractor? It has two and it is currently fitted into the bottom one.

Yes your tractor has 2 spool valves, one at either ends of then the handle is pushed back or forward. So if you think you can hear it pumping in one of them, put your pipe into it and tractor might right itself if it's air locked.

If you disconnect your loader pipe altogether and start the tractor and able to look out at the couplings on the back, when you engage the hydraulic handle watch the coupling they should vibrate when the pressure comes on them.

Youll need to tie the lever in the position where it appears to not work. It will then be pumping oil round the loader circuit. Now when you operate One of the loader levers it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back