• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 6211 Brakes

swallowsretreat

Level 2
First name
swallowsretreat
I have a Zetor 6211 1991. Fantastic condition, low hours and one previous owner. But the brakes pull to the Right. I have balanced up th free play on the pedals, using the adjusters on the pedals but they are still pulling to the right?
Has anyone got any thoughts

You have adjusted the pushrods on the brake master cylinders, BIG mistake!!!. Reset them back to give 1mm of free play on the pushrod, otherwise brakes will come on when the tractor warms up. To adjust the brakes on a 6211 with disc brakes you need to remove the plastic covers on the rear of the transmission, jack up the wheel handbrake off tighten adjuster untill wheel will just turn, then slacken adjuster nut 1/2 turn, repeat on other side, then try brakes if unbalanced slacken adjuster on the brake that pulls hardest untill you reach the brake balance!

You have adjusted the pushrods on the brake master cylinders, BIG mistake!!!. Reset them back to give 1mm of free play on the pushrod, otherwise brakes will come on when the tractor warms up. To adjust the brakes on a 6211 with disc brakes you need to remove the plastic covers on the rear of the transmission, jack up the wheel handbrake off tighten adjuster untill wheel will just turn, then slacken adjuster nut 1/2 turn, repeat on other side, then try brakes if unbalanced slacken adjuster on the brake that pulls hardest untill you reach the brake balance!

Thanks Alan. All is did was a small adjustment at the pedals in the cab so the free play is equal on both pedals. Which made no difference to the overall pulling to the right problem. so should I now take the rest of your advice and look to the adjusters on the rear?

Does the 6211 have disk brakes actually ? I thought they came standard on the 77 but were optional on all other models... Which may vary per country, off course...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back