• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Zetor 6718 with Decompression ?

thank you

I didnt think it did but in the user manual it said about decompression for starting, must have been for a different model
That was in the time of 2x 6V batteries and no multigrade (10w/40) oils...

thank you

I didnt think it did but in the user manual it said about decompression for starting, must have been for a different model
To make it easier to cold-start the engine, there is a "fuel adding switch" on the fuel pump.
Make sure the hand throttle is set to full speed (or at least half speed), before activating the switch.
Then start the engine. The location of this "cold start button" is shown at number 62 in the attached picture.

Attachments

• fuelpump 4syl.JPG
    fuelpump 4syl.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the info Lars
How do you activate the button? Do you push it in, pull it out or twist it?
Just push it in. When the hand throttle is activated, the button will stay in (you hear a metallic click).
It will pop out again when the hand throttle is put back to minimum.

On the subject of cold starts...

You can use the cold start function like this:
  1. Hand throttle to OFF
  2. Operate the starter and let the engine run for 5 seconds
  3. Stop
  4. Hand throttle to full throttle
  5. Press the cold start button on the injection pump and let it click into place (do not start!)
  6. Start
  7. When it has started, take your foot off the gas

1. and 2. are important to supply the engine with lubricating oil before starting and to improve compression through the early lubricating oil.

Alternatively, I have been using this method for many years:
  1. Hand throttle to OFF
  2. Operate the starter and let the engine run for 5 seconds (do not start!)
  3. Hand throttle to idle position
  4. Start

I have also tried the alternative at -10°C and have always used it since then - it works on a Zetor 2011 just as well as on a Zetor 7340 Turbo. The advantage here is that by not using the cold start function, you don't have to run the cold engine at high speeds, which can lead to a break in the lubricating film (this can happen at engine oil temperatures below 60°C).

Here, too, 1. and 2. are important in order to supply the engine with lubricating oil before starting and to improve compression by using the lubricating oil early on.
For a good start, it is always important that the fuel system is tight and not defective, the nozzles are correctly adjusted and the engine still has enough compression as well as a starter that builds up enough speed (gearbox starters rotate a little faster, making cold starts easier, but are more brutal to the starter ring on the flywheel).

And last but not least - please download the tractors manual , there is the most of this stuff and much more described. ;) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back