• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 7045 Stuck In High

bernardsbonnydoon

Level 2
First name
Bonnydoon
G'Day from WA,

I am the Proud owner of a Zetor 7045, unfortunately the high/low gear lever has permanetly stuck in the high position. I have read other posts with a similar problem and the recommended option is to remove the top of the gear box to access the lever/linkages. My 7045 has a pressed steel plate completely covering the top of the box with the gear levers protruding through it. It appears to be part of the safety cab and removal appears to be pretty involved. Is it necessary to remove this plate to solve my problem. Thanks in advance.

Hi

Have you tried reversing the tractor and then trying to move it as the 4wd gets "wind up" and puts pressure on the gears making it impossible to move the hi-low lever.

The floor plate is removeable if you search for the bolts under the rubber mat.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I have been using the 4WD alot which may have caused the problem. It will be a week or so before I can verify. I ll let you know ho I get on.

Bonnydoon

I sometimes pull the lever and at the same time hit the brakes hard, so the rear wheels skid. it unwinds the driveline for a moment, enough to let it jump out.

When using a loader, you should minimise the use of 4wd on paved surfaces, ok ? We teared up the axle of our 5245 pretty badly because of operators that were too lazy or ignorant to disengage 4wd on dry concrete..

Oh sorry you asked about hi/low range: when stuck in low range i put it in 5th, make speed, push the clutch and pull it out of low range on the move. works everytime. I never noticed it being hard to get into low range, mostly the other way around, but disengaging on the move (with the main transmission in gear and 4wd off) should make it easier

The 6745 sticks in low after use, until you put it in reverse and then it comes out easily. Had a mate with a 7045 stuck in low years ago, I recall he rocked it forward/reverse and it came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back