• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Zetor 7245 front axle repairing advice?

brian_lofthouse

Level 2
First name
Brian Lofthouse
Hello Zetor Fans,
Please could someone give me some advice about the axle on a 7245 which is compleatly worn out after nearly 7000h. of very rough timber extraction work. Are the bushes, bearings etc expensive or hard to replace? As it is the steering is unsafe,and if its an expensive job, my boss plans on scrapping the tractor, which I dont want.Thanks for any help .

If you mean the main kingpin bearings they are replacable to anyone with a bit of knowledge and determination.You can buy bearings from anywhere if you take an old one for the size numbers on them.Who knows a Zetor dealer may even have them-not!!! or try a Vapormatic/Sparex stockist or Igor on this site. You also need the blanking plugs (like an engine core plug)and maybe rubber O ring seals that keeps all the dirt out as you have to smash them out to extract the bearing.You can remove the kingpins from the axle casing buy unscrewing 2 long bolts from the reduction hubs(fine metric thread) and screwing them into the holes you can see.We have done three sets of these before (3 different tractors!)and now drill and tap the blanking plugs to fit grease nipples for longer life before fitting them-don't flatten the blanking plugs or they won't be a tight fit in the casing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back