• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 9520

mtomlin

Level 2
First name
Matt
Does anybody have any info on a 9520? Pro's or con's? Opinions?
Thanks

I have a 9540 witch is the FWA equivalent. I have done over 5000 hrs and other than the air conditioning have not had an issue. Hang on, I had some selector problems under warrently. Common problem but would be fixed on any tractors with the same problem by now.
It have very honest power, rated 93.5 but is better as I pull a claas varient baler rated at min 100hp required.
The trans is the 18 speed with the torque multiplyer, 3 speed.
The 16 speed trans in the John Deer 2800 were troublesome.

I got a Zetor 9520 this fall. Paid only $2000. It had gotten siezed up. Apparently some hose blew off the filter. I don't know if this is a common problem or not. It is my winter project to fix up, I am doing all of the work myself. I had to completly strip and overhaul the engine. We also need to order a new crank, the other one had warped from heat. Today, my dad took the block and head into the machine shop to get all checked out. Then it is back to paying out some dough and putting it all back together. The other problem that was wrong was electrical. Shortly after the previous owner bought it, the electric 3 point solenoid had shorted out. This screwed the whole tractor up and it was rewired in rigged kindof fashion (it was so messed up that when I turned the heater on the wiper would go). So I had to do a complete rewiring.
I had driven the tractor before hand while helping the guy I got it from. I seemed like a very nice and user friendly machine and I know that the hours are probably low even though the tach didn't work due to the electrical issues (most likely under 2,000 - 3000). Those are some of the biggest reason that I got it. I also understand that they are repair friendly and relieble. Once I get the thing back together and running nice, I could tell you a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back