• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Zetor Proxima 6441 loosing coolant

seamus_murphy

Level 1
First name
Luke

Machinery:
There is no visible leak from coolant system and no rise in engine oil level.
I was advised to check intercooler as these can sometimes leak but this 6441 model doesn't have it.
No bubbles showing in expansion tank either.
After a days work it takes about a liter to top up.
Thanks,
Harry

Hard to say... maybe a crack in the cylinder head on the exhaust side? So not towards the combustion chamber.
But the engine can evaporate 1 liter when it has to work, even while working over a day. It's possible that the leak only becomes apparent at operating temperature and that the water is then evaporated directly by the hot engine...

Hard to say... maybe a crack in the cylinder head on the exhaust side? So not towards the combustion chamber.
But the engine can evaporate 1 liter when it has to work, even while working over a day. It's possible that the leak only becomes apparent at operating temperature and that the water is then evaporated directly by the hot engine...
There is now water in engine oil. Tractor parked up for the past few days and expansion tank empty. Most if not all of the "older" zetor dealers in Ireland are no longer selling zetors including the dealer we bought the new 6441 from.
Am I looking at head overhaul and new liners ? and has anyone had similar experience?

To test the cylinder liners, you could drain the engine oil, remove the oil plug and then apply some pressure to the cooling system. If the cylinder liners are damaged, the test could be enough to cause water to run out of the oil pan. An oil change doesn't do any harm. ;)

It doesn't have to be the cylinder head, it could just be the cylinder head gasket - either change it prophylactically or remove the glow plugs and apply pressure to the cooling system again and then use an endoscope to look to see if any water is running into the combustion chambers.

Regarding the dealers/workshops, maybe @diyfarmer can help you further - I think he knows a lot about that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back