• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

ZTS 16245

roninoz

Level 2
First name
Ron Australia
Looking at buying Zetor / ZTS 16245 7000 hrs in good condition from a large farm ,been towing a crop srayer.Any problems with this model .We currently have a 8045 in daily use which runs ok.
Any info appreciated.

The 16245 has a better cab, a stronger rear end, and i believe, no more Ursus manufactured parts. (which means the quality is improved quite)

3-point linkage cylinder cast block is made by ursus........ Least in mine 14245 (160hp) Yes the cabin is really good and comfortable. But syncronicing system is rubbish. The newer double syncroniced gearbox would be better (on M98 C2 series zts). Anyway there is only 2nd and 3rd gears syncroniced.

By the way, my 14245 is loosing the preussure from low preussure hydraulic circuit to somewhere. Does anybody know what is the actually oil preussure in this circuit?

Hey Markku, when have you bought this tractor ??
some times ago, you told us that you were looking at a CAS Crystal, so you have bought a second hand 14245 ??

I am not sure about the rear axle, but it is quite improved over the older axles anyways.

I think it was end of the may... I did found decent looking second hand ZTS 14245 and i bought it right away! It is in good condition and we have been driven about 250 hours without any problems. And the best... I did save lots of money!

Our tractor has the old good zetor axles but if i remember right there have been optional another type axle too!

Hi Zetor Drivers
Thanks for the comments on zts 16245 . If the syncro is poor is the gearbox going to give trouble and how can I check it out befor buying .There are several 16245 for sale here that have had the gear box rebuilt claiming that $12 to $14,000.00 Au$ been spent on them . Also this tractor has hydrostatic steering , will this be better than my old 8045 ???
Thanks , Ron :cool:

My bad english again.....

The gearbox in 14245 and 16245 is strong and that type of tractor is very useful in heavy works. I did mean this gearbox isnt that comfortable to use what it could be. I have been drivin just 250 hours with my own and I cant tell you much more about this model ZTS yeat, but maybe in future when i have been drivin about 8000 hours more............... ;)

I think i can make from Markku's words, that the quality is good, but the operator friendlyness is poor(er) than other synchro transmissions.

However your 8045 is not synchronised, so for you it would be an improvement anyhow.

Yes, the hydrostatic steering, from Danfoss or Orsta, will mean a huge improvement over the old power assisted, that used to leak like a basket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back