• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

8011 3-point linkage chain length?

robbyj

Level 2
First name
robby
Hey all!

I have a Zetor 8011 that I'm starting to get to know, and one thing that I've noticed is that I'm missing the chain between the 2 arms of the 3pt linkage.
Because of this when using my tedder I was taking chunks out of my left rear tire!
So to install a chain I would like to know the length of the standard one. I looked through the parts and operator manual but can't find it!
Can anyone tell me how long that chain is?

thanks in advance!

Robby

Hi,

I indicated on a manual image what I'm after. As I get it this chain prevents the 2 arms from seperating too much. My tedder pushes the 2 arms towards the tires so much that the left arm actually touches my left tire and scrapes it. This chain prevents the 2 arms seperating so much.
Or is there an other/better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks for the help !

Robby

6f5268413616776.jpg

It all depends how your wheel settings are, narrow or wide. Maybe the arms can touch the tire if they are all the way narrow. I have never experienced it myself.

But there is two springs that clips together when you have no implement on the arms. They hold the arms together.
Atleast my 6341 has the springs.

The 8011 originally had blocks on the inside of the lift arms. We took them off in order to be able to use CAT 1 implements, which needs the arms closer together.

On the 5245 and 5718 on 16.9-30 tires i use a rubber truck tarp spring to keep the arms together, because they hit the tires when they hang free without implement attached. On the older 4712 and 5718 on 12.4 tires we didnt have that problem because there was more room for the arms to swing without hitting.

Yeah I need to find a way to keep the arms under control. I guess i can sort of guess the needed length, maybe even figure out a chain with adjustable length...
Ok, sorry to bother you guys, not as straightforward as i thought.

Thanks!

Your best solution is to get some of the telescoping check bars that go out from the link arms to the outside end of the axle housings. they used to be available from Vapormatic and others were supplied with the ARM Pick up hitch. Try Barlows for new ones.

Hi we have several new pairs of the telescopic type Dave speaks about www.zetor -dealer.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back