• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

8011 engine noise

Bert Zegers

Level 2
First name
Bert

Machinery:
Zetor 8011, Zetor 7045, Kubota 2900+loader and more farm and yard equipment
I have a Zetor 8011, and I noticed an high pitched noise from the inside of the engine when I had the oil fill cap removed with the engine running. It seems to come from the timing gear area.
Oil pressure is ok.
Does anyone have experienced this? Are the timing gears known to fail.
Thanks for your thoughts.

I have a Zetor 8011, and I noticed an high pitched noise from the inside of the engine when I had the oil fill cap removed with the engine running. It seems to come from the timing gear area.
Oil pressure is ok.
Does anyone have experienced this? Are the timing gears known to fail.

I never had trouble with an engine of 8011 even on a 35 years old, be sure its not a bearing noise like coming from clutch or compressor or the alternator, if the bearing is worn on the alternator it whines loud and its right beside the filler cap.

The noise definitely comes from within the engine. You can hear the noise clearly with the oil filler cap removed.

Do other 8011 have the same? Did some one ever listen to the engine through the oil filler tube?
Maybe it is the timing gears that cause the high pitched noise, but it worries me.

Oil -level- is ok too ?

Yes, oil level is good.

The reason I listened at the oil filler tube was because a few months ago I was checking an other 8011, that I wanted to buy. But when I opened the oil filler cap I noticed a loud "high pitched" noise.
Later when I was doing maintenance on my own 8011 I heard the same noise from the filler tube. (not as loud).
It scares me, knowing that the timing is with gears, not a chain.

The reason I listened at the oil filler tube was because a few months ago I was checking an other 8011, that I wanted to buy. But when I opened the oil filler cap I noticed a loud "high pitched" noise.
Later when I was doing maintenance on my own 8011 I heard the same noise from the filler tube. (not as loud).
It scares me, knowing that the timing is with gears, not a chain.

I had over 25 crystals over the years and I had never put my ear to the filler cap, so I cant tell you what noise its going to make nor I wouldn`t open the cap while the engine is going anyway.
But as I said before I never had trouble with timing gears on any engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back