• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Agripower 5000 injector pump springs stuck

preacherman

Level 2
First name
PreacherMan
Hello All,
Just bought an Agripower 5000 that has sat neglected for a couple of years. I'm very mechanically inclined, but this is the first diesel motor I've ever worked on. In checking everything out, I discovered that the injector pump was stuck, and (after reading a few threads on here) was able to get the mechanism moving a little.
My questions are:
1. The 2 front springs are stuck about 1/2" up from the drive piston, will soaking all of the mechanism in diesel free these up?
2. The mechanism only moves as far as the screws in the center with the throttle wide open.

Sorry if this sounds confusing. I have a photo, but not sure how to add it.
Thanks, Tim

preferrably yes, let the camshaft free them up whilst running immersed in diesel fuel. it may take a few minutes but eventually the rust will wear off and flushed away by the diesel fuel.

Thanks Renze

Tried that yesterday, and here's what happened. When I filled the plunger side with diesel, it all slowly seeped out a tube at the bottom of it onto the ground (appears to be a drain tube?); and then when I took the side cover off again a lot of air came out (after cranking the engine, and short starting it with starting fluid).
What do you make of this, any ideas? Oh, and the front 2 plungers seem to still be stuck closed.
Thanks,Tim

plug the drain tube and let it soak for a week. its better to let the stuff do its work than to break a spring and have to recalibrate the entire thing.

Stuck plungers usually release by themself if youre patient. let it soak and turn it over from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back