• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question hitch Zetor/ZTS 14145

hillstart

Level 2
First name
hillstart
hi everyone. i have a 14145 with duncan cab. recently, i went to our local zetor dealer (who, in fairness, has been in zetors since the year dot.) to get a) a new hook for the drophitch. someone had welded the current one and i don't know how bad it was. and b) the top part of the claw piece for the drawbar. only the bottom half is there. the zetor dealer said he had never seen anything like it in his life. i'll see if i can get a few photos up tomorrow. any information on the type or manufacturer of the hitch would be a help . he was sure it wasn't Dromone. thank you in advance.

A 14145 if it was in Ireland would have a Dromone hitch but a Zetor own hitch was similar to the old version were you had to change the holder too. Over hitches fits is Hand engineering which is similar again.

thank you for the reply. i had thought i could post a photo up but it seems not possible on this site. i will try and post on the fb page as soon as they let me. i think the tractor was a british import through whites garage out in west limerick. i bought it off the fella who bought it from them i think. i'll stick up the measurements later on or tomorrow. i had a 12045 and the hitch is completely different. the drawbar on this is held with two pins and slides out to reverse it. hook on one side and drawbar on the other. they are on to something like 4 inch box, heavy plate. like is said, thanks for the reply. i will get measurements and photos up asap.

A newer version of the Dromone hitch for Zetor had a drawbar that was pick up hook at one end and a straight bar at the other, they are held in with 2 pins.

All the newer tractors have a short pick up hook and a separate short drawbar.

that sounds about right. the two pins are 30mm, i think. the box that makes up the main part of the drawbar is about 79mm, i think walls are 8mm. i've looked around for something similiar but i haven't seen anything. it is actually a very good hitch but the bit of flat bar with a hole in it by way of a drawbar is a bit of a weak effort. i'll keep looking anyway, if it is dromone, it shouldn't be too hard to track something down.

Thing is if a combination hitch drawbar fits into it, there no telling what make of tractor it belongs to, for example even a Leyland had the kind of hitch.

true. it looks like it fits it a bit too well tho. usually if a hitch is taken off something else, there is a bit of doctoring to make it fit, if you know what i mean. or else, i was hoping it was something that was commonly fitted to the 141s, even if it was off something else. as soon as i am allowed on to the facebook page, i'll stick it up. i know anything can be made to fit but i am hoping not to have to do too much to it. hitches have to be kinda right, no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back