• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Reverser breakdown at 8541 proxima plus

ppwl

Level 2
First name
Peter
Hi all

I have a problem with the gearbox on my 8541 from 2007.

It has manual mekanik reverser.

The problem is it works fine in revers gear but not when I put it in foreward.

It pulls a little bit if it is in 1s or 2s but if the gear is higher the tractor just stand still.

What seems to be the problem?

Hope some of you can help me.

Are you 100% sure it engages the forward gear correctly, and the slight pull in 1st isnt just synchromesh drag ? If nothing is wrong with the shifting mechanism (fixation bolts of adjustable rod ran loose ?) It must be the synchromesh dog clutch, most likely the cog wheel stripped its splines.

Are you 100% sure it engages the forward gear correctly, and the slight pull in 1st isnt just synchromesh drag ? If nothing is wrong with the shifting mechanism (fixation bolts of adjustable rod ran loose ?) It must be the synchromesh dog clutch, most likely the cog wheel stripped its splines.

I am not 100 % sure it engages correctly. When the tractor is getting a little resistance it stops also in 1 st.

Do you think I can adjust the cable?

The funny thing is that the problem is appeared at the tractor has stand still for about 2 months.

I would find the end of the cable and engage forward gear directly on the lever, then try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back