• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Ursus 912 Hydraulic problem

ed

Level 2
First name
Paraic
Hello
My Father has an 1983 Ursus 912 that he uses a back forklift on.It works fairly well except the Arms on the Tractor are not working right.Its not possible to set the arms at a desired height.If the lever is any where except fully up the implement eventually just goes to the ground, and when the lever is fully up theres a really loud whining sound,and it actually cuts down the revs a bit,and slows the speed of the spool valves.Now ,i dont know much about the workings of the tractor, but theres a cast iron lever behind the main lever and it seems to affect the arm hydraulics,but as i say, i dont know much about the tractor especially the hydraulic end of things.So, if someone could help me with this,it,and if you could maybe explain what both levers are supposed to do when working right,it would be great.

Hi Paraic,

The "really loud whining sound" could be a pressure relief valve dumping oil. The lift raise/lower lever is in the quadrant together with the spool valve on the drivers right hand side as you sit in the seat.

Behind this, the "cast iron lever behind the main lever" is used for position (lift), mixed and Draft (ploughing). Move this lever to different positions and experiment to see what the effect on the lift is.

Good luck!

TomZ
[glow=green,3]Tom in Ireland[/]

Hi

Thanks Tomz.I`ll check that lever out and hopefully sort the the problem.Would you be able to tell me where i could get a workshop manual for the Tractor,here in Ireland,maybe i could learn a bit from from it?

Thanks again

HiTomz

Thanks for the info about manuals ,i`ll get a manual and educate meself a bit.
About the Hydraulics problem,i did what you suggested and it didnt remedy the problem.Based on the symptoms i gave can you think of what the problem maybe? The main problem is that the hydraulic arms wont stay in a set position. When they are up full it whines like hell,when theyre let down a bit to stop the whining, it stops and then starts again.

HiTomz

Thanks for the info about manuals ,i`ll get a manual and educate meself a bit.
About the Hydraulics problem,i did what you suggested and it didnt remedy the problem.Based on the symptoms i gave can you think of what the problem maybe? The main problem is that the hydraulic arms wont stay in a set position. When they are up full it whines like hell,when theyre let down a bit to stop the whining, it stops and then starts again.

Could be leaky seals in the lift ram.If you leave the arms up with a weight on the back do they go down within a couple of minutes? If so it is probably the cause as your oil is leaking away past the seals and the pump has to keep pumping to maintain lift height.It's a tricky job to do but cheap if you do it yourself-you may be needing that manual !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back