• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Ursus 912

Firstly an Ursus 912 was not a turbo engine so would be more similar to a Zetor 8111, so yours is either a 1012 or someone fitted a turbo to it.

The pto and hi/lo not working means your torque pump is gone and needs replacing, you have to split the tractor behind the bell housing to fit a new pump, which is not an uncommon job for a tractor of it's age. Obviously the previous owner was doing the same trick to work the pto without going to the job of fitting a new torque pump.

Your brakes sticking is either the return springs are worn/broken or the balls inside have come out of place, either ways I sure they are very worn and could do with a full overhaul. The tractor has what's called "rod brakes" which was a conversion job done in the 90's to eliminate the need for brake fluid, which so many Crystals suffered from fluid leakage.
As for fitting trailer brakes unfortunately one of the pipes on the brake valve needs to be connected to the brake fluid line, to work the valve. Unless your are able to get a different valve not controlled brake fluid as the ones supplied by Zetor.

The front suspension/stub axle is more of an Ursus thing a Zetor one but all the parts for Crystal are still available.

On the loose gearbox, it could a worn selector fork but seeing as the tractor has high hours, worn brakes and needs a torque pump, I would suggest you check the clutch because if you fully depress the pedal to the floor and still can't engage any gear, the clutch disc is bet.

I think your tractor would be an Ursus 1012, a 1014 is the 4wd version, also you said it has 2 auxiliary rams on the lift, well they were not available on a 912/8111.

I think the part on the engine your talking about is actually the oil cooler radiator in front of the main radiator which is for cooling the oil from the back end, these would have been on tractors 100hp up.

If the connecting linkage for pto and hi/lo were only disconnected, you have to ask why?? they come off very easy, so they are either they're very worn or the cab was off or someone's been in there.

If you are to put back the brakes to organically state, you will need a good few parts again and new master cylinders, pipes, slave cylinders etc. etc.

I said already the front suspension was more of an Ursus thing, you may need to look at a scraped Ursus rather than a Zetor .

On the brakes, the rod braking system was a conversion to eliminate the use of brake fluid so as that was one of the biggest headaches on some Crystals, to not have the bother of losing you brakes if the slave cylinder went or one side way stronger than the other or visa versa the next day or seals going on the master cylinder and losing all your fluid on the ground or having to be bleeding the air out constantly, the rod system must have been a godsend.
But it won't improve your stopping power if the brake parts are worn internally.

Nearly all Zetors had a compressor on them only maybe some in the 80's were missing them but all the 90's and right up to the newer ones do, even my HSX has one very useful for pumping tyres, got a flat on 6 reel hay turner last summer, I was 10 miles from any garage only for my Zetors compressor would had been in trouble. If your pulley is loose it will need new bearings.

If the PTO is spinning continuously, that is a classic signs that the torque pump is gone. Because when it goes the PTO can't be stopped and the tractor is stuck in LO.

For the PTO you never have to touch the lever on the floor, it's a bit of a red herring really, while it's says it's for putting the PTO into 1000rpm, it's not and people would never touch the handle at all.
The lever for the PTO on the dash is off when the lever is pushed right up tight to the shaft of the steering wheel, and on when you pull anti-clockwise towards the seat. The torque lever works similarly, when fully up to the steering wheel, it is in the hare position, which means you are in HI, pull down for LO, there is no reason not to use the torque any time unless you want to crawl at seeding or jobs like that or driving around the yard, on the road you can come up to top speed before pressing the clutch and go into HI.

You will have to show me a link about not using original brake cylinders on a tractor, I never saw anything else. We had around 20 Zetor Crystals over the years and it wasn't till we changed to Zetor Forterra that brakes were not an issue any more.

I read the post it's from TomZ, one moderator on here. Doesn't give must details, he has the same rod brakes conversion as yours but if he was to fit transit master cylinders, you must need an entire cylinders unit somehow able to bolt it on to the brake pedals.

If the torque pump is gone the PTO will run regardless of what position the lever on the dash is, and will come on as soon as you start the tractor. The only way to work the PTO would be to stop the engine put the lever on the floor into neutral and then restart.

The connections for the PTO and HI/LO are under the middle panel of the floor of the cab and need to be in the back position to be off.

Yep the torque pump faulty as the PTO runs constantly once I got the 540 lever engaged..

Bugger :sneaky:

Check too that you can't engage high torque and that you can't stop the PTO turning with a timber stake jammed under it, when the pump is gone the PTO spins and you have no high, unfortunately if the tractor has high hours and a hard life this is one of risks.
Best to do then split her and put a new clutch in too. It's a bit of a job but straight forward enough, I did it a few times myself too.

I see you have the Ursus advertised on Done deal, It's a pity to see you are going to sell it as you will take a hit on the value it would be if you had it repaired, if you lived closer to me I could give you a hand to fix it.

It looks like it's in good shape and someone gave it a good spray job.

Ya in the past I would have bought tractors like yours needing repairs if I saw potential and fact that the torque pump needed repairs wouldn't phase me. So good luck with your sale but if it was me, I would have repaired it myself.

I see your ad for your Ursus on done deal, you are constantly changing the wording of the advertisement, but I see now you are saying that the PTO pack needs repair but FYI. it's not the PTO pack that's wrong, it's the torque pump. the PTO pack is in where the PTO stub is behind the pick up hitch plate is, and if that needed repair you would have no PTO whatsoever.

I see your ad for your Ursus on done deal, you are constantly changing the wording of the advertisement, but I see now you are saying that the PTO pack needs repair.
But FYI. it's not the PTO pack that's wrong, it's the torque pump. the PTO pack is in where the PTO stub is behind the pick up hitch plate, and if that needed repair you would have no PTO whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back