• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Ursus 912

I see your ad for your Ursus on done deal, you are constantly changing the wording of the advertisement, but I see now you are saying that the PTO pack needs repair.
But FYI. it's not the PTO pack that's wrong, it's the torque pump. the PTO pack is in where the PTO stub is behind the pick up hitch plate, and if that needed repair you would have no PTO whatsoever.

It would be a very simple job to get at the PTO pack, removing the hitch is the hardest part ,

Compared to getting at the torque pump, which involves splitting the tractor in 2 places.

Considering the work involved in fixing the torque pump , i think the tractors price may be adjusted downwards.

Unfortunately the Ursus,It's the torque pump is gone as he has described. But to be advertising it needing PTO pack repair , would be making it sound like it's not too big of a job, but it is going to need a certain breed of a person will buy it and be able to fix it other than just exporting it.
But yes you need to be getting it at a low price, as I would say in a garage wouldn't have much change out of a grand to repair it.

Unfortunately the Ursus,It's the torque pump is gone as he has described. But to be advertising it needing PTO pack repair , would be making it sound like it's not too big of a job, but it is going to need a certain breed of a person will buy it and be able to fix it other than just exporting it.
But yes you need to be getting it at a low price, as I would say in a garage wouldn't have much change out of a grand to repair it.

I gave a man 1500 to do the torque pump , the best part of 10 years ago. There might have been a few small other jobs , but I put a clutch in it myself the year before , so that wasnt part of the expense .
1000 odd for parts , and 500 odd labor .
You would need to knock 1500 -2000 off the price , if you are serious about selling it. You may not like to hear that though.

Why have you deleted all the comments about the problems with your Ursus? It's not going make any difference if a buyer comes to test drive the tractor whether they saw what you wrote here previously, they will know when they drive if it's got problems.

Hi, how are ya. I felt the discussion was gone off topic and was discussing my advert and I didnt think I'd that was right. I know its up online so its fair game but still. The issue with the PTO was scaring lads off
So I've withdrawn the advert for the time being as I'm not still inclined to restore it even if it turns into a bit of a money pit I think its worthwhile

Anyway Ive not had anywhere suitable to put to it just yet to go investigate the PTO issue further and if the torque amplifier works and check the linkages for the PTO and torque amplifier.

The only reason I mention your advertisement was because I saw that you had stated that it was the PTO pack that needed repair, which was wrong and I wanted you to know that you had it wrong.

This is a forum so other people can comment here and I guest someone reckoned that the cost of replacing a torque pump would need to reflect in the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back