• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

wheel seal replacement on 8045

damiench

Level 2
First name
damo
Hi
My 8045 has a leaking wheel seal i was wondering are there any tricks or things to be careful of when pulling it apart or replacing it ?
Thanks in advance

Hi
My 8045 has a leaking wheel seal i was wondering are there any tricks or things to be careful of when pulling it apart or replacing it ?
Thanks in advance

While you have it open you should do the outer and especially the inner bearing, have a look at the planet hub carrier and have a look at the splines on the end of the drive shaft.

They just slide out of the diff in one peice ok once you have undone all the housing bolts ?
The tractor has been going well for me hydraulics and engine been running great now just finding a few leaks now im starting to use it more .
Thanks for your assistance diy farmer

Good to hear from you again. Do you have the diagram for the hub?

They just slide out of the diff in one peice ok once you have undone all the housing bolts ?
The tractor has been going well for me hydraulics and engine been running great now just finding a few leaks now im starting to use it more .
Thanks for your assistance diy farmer

You have to open the bolts on the king pin housing top and bottom first and track rod end and open the nut under the hub cap and the whole wheel hub will slide off.

Hopefully you planet carrier is intact and there is no wear. there is a bearing on the inside of the hub that is pressed into place.

It is the rear wheels one side the outside seal is leaking and on the other its leaking a bit out the inspection whole underneath

It is the rear wheels one side the outside seal is leaking and on the other its leaking a bit out the inspection whole underneath

Oh sorry you didn't say it was the rears, it is more common to be front wheels.

To get off the rear half axle take off the wheel open all the bolts and if you have a crane to lift it as they are heavy slide out the shaft. You can see the brakes while your there.

The hole underneath is the bung for draining the oil out of the axle housing

It is the rear wheels one side the outside seal is leaking

You will need to dismantle the housing completely to get to this leak. Drain the oil.

When you take off the axle there are smaller 2 bolts left in that hold the housing together so open them and separate the housing then take off the circlip, then press out the shaft off the bearing, this leaves you with the outer shaft. take off the collars and the gear carrier open the bolt from the end of the shaft, remove the entire satellite carrier, take off the wheel shaft from the housing.

You will need to press off the outer shaft through two bearings and the outer seal is last to be removed.

It's probably like lots of jobs, sounds bad until you get stuck in and there's nothing like having the job satisfaction when it's fixed.
And if you get stuck you can always give me a shout.

Main thing is to have a crane to lift off the axle as they are heavy and you will need to be able to line up the bolts.

I have just completed removing the entire pick up and rotor of our Pottinger silage wagon, installing a new main rotor bearing and refitting. The job took easy 5 hours to remove it and 4 hrs. to refit it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back