• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Zetor 3340 Quicke Q720 Loader 1995

Hi Joachim,
Update, I received email reply from Canimex Hydraulic and they only sell the Walvoil series SDM143,
but did say

"In regards to the SDM143 – it does have the capability to run 4th position float."

So there may be something wrong inside of the SDM143 to why the Spooling Rod is not able to move into the 4th position.
The SDM143A.pdf file shows that it should be there.
I need some more info about this SDM143 Hydraulic Valve Body before I may start to open it up.
Hi Joachim, Update, In studying the SDM143A.pdf file on page 8 at number 3. Spool, talks about two different kits, Kit 8MA and Kit 13.
The Kit 13 is with the 4th Spooling position (Float feature), which then may indicate that I have the Kit 8MA without the float feature.
Maybe I will be able to upgrade to the Kit 13.

Attachments

• Walvoil SDM143 Kit 13 Float_.jpg
    Walvoil SDM143 Kit 13 Float_.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi Joachim,
Update, I received email reply from Canimex Hydraulic and they only sell the Walvoil series SDM143,
but did say

"In regards to the SDM143 – it does have the capability to run 4th position float."

So there may be something wrong inside of the SDM143 to why the Spooling Rod is not able to move into the 4th position.
I need some more info about this SDM143 Hydraulic Valve Body before I may start to open it up.
Hi Joachim,
Found out today that it does have float and why it is not working.
Took it apart today and it has had water in it and so rusted up a lot.
I had the remove the Spool Rod out the top of the Valve body
and the Kit 13, that does the Float, is rusted to the Spooling Rod.
I am working on trying to separate them.
If I am unable to cleanup the Kit 13, I can order a new one for about $100.
So good news and bad news, but mostly good news.

Attachments

• A Spool Kit13_7.jpg
    A Spool Kit13_7.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 3
  • A Spool Kit13_6.jpg
    A Spool Kit13_6.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 4
  • A Spool Kit13 Balls Sleeve_4.jpg
    A Spool Kit13 Balls Sleeve_4.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 4
  • A Spool Kit13 Balls Sleeve_3.jpg
    A Spool Kit13 Balls Sleeve_3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 4
  • A Spool Rod Kit13_8.jpg
    A Spool Rod Kit13_8.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Spool Kit 13 SDM143_p2.jpg
    Spool Kit 13 SDM143_p2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 4
  • A Spool Kit13 SDM143_p.jpg
    A Spool Kit13 SDM143_p.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 3
Hi Joachim,
but did say

Hi Joachim,

Found out today that it does have float and why it is not working.

Took it apart today and it has had water in it and so rusted up a lot.

I had the remove the Spool Rod out the top of the Valve body

and the Kit 13, that does the Float, is rusted to the Spooling Rod.

I am working on trying to separate them.

If I am unable to cleanup the Kit 13, I can order a new one for about $100.

So good news and bad news, but mostly good news.

Attachments

• A Spool Kit13_7.jpg
    A Spool Kit13_7.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 3
  • A Spool Kit13_6.jpg
    A Spool Kit13_6.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 3
  • A Spool Rod Kit13_8.jpg
    A Spool Rod Kit13_8.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Spool Kit 13 SDM143_p2.jpg
    Spool Kit 13 SDM143_p2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 3
  • A Spool Kit13 SDM143_p.jpg
    A Spool Kit13 SDM143_p.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 3
Ok, that sounds good (the good news ).
Yes, a tractor should have a garage, a dry place for it and not stand in rain and snow. A dry home for costs money but I think over the time less then tractor repair costs and wasted time for.

Be happy - you have find the problem and have a solution for. :like

The max. flow I know are a 60 L pump... I think 80 litres will be to much for inner valves and it can come to funny effects like in a 5211 with 40 L pump (lifts alone the lift arms when you give more gas) ;)

Have several Questions:
Zetor 3340 inside the cab, right side, down to the 3-point-hitch and rear-hydraulic control Levers, forward of them there is a turn Lever.
Q1: What is this for/do ? (see picture)

Q2: Have not been able to find info about the 3 point-hitch, which when raising up and down moves only about 3 inches total.
How do I get more up and down 3 point-hitch movement ?

Q3: There is another Lever showing 3 positions “D”, “M”, “P”.
What does this Lever do ? (see picture)

Attachments

• What this Lever for_.jpg
    What this Lever for_.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 1
  • What this Lever D M P_.jpg
    What this Lever D M P_.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 1
The lever near your foot (first picture) should allow you to choose the speed of the rear hydraulic lifting - at least it's what I have found here in forums and the manuals , as mine have never worked since I bought it :cautious:

The second picture shows the level of "resistance" for the rear lifting :
-"P" can be remembered as "POSITION", will try and hold at the same Position - good when you have a very "clean" soil to plow, and also when you need the implement hold firmly in that position, especially for some maintenance;
-"M" can note for "MIDDLE", will try to change its level/height "smoothly", regarding the tractor changes its inclination and the rear implement not - good for instance, when you are plowing in a very rocky soil or not frequently used, so you might have a lot of roots underground;
-"D" can be for "DYNAMIC", as the rear lift/implement will easily adapt to almost every single obstacle or difference of level, good for instance when you have a clear lawn mowing to do and the grass can resist to the scratches from the implement upon it.

Last edited:
Q2: Have not been able to find info about the 3 point-hitch, which when raising up and down moves only about 3 inches total.
Well, I don't know whether it might be related, but i had a very similar problem in my 7340 when I first bought it (second handed), so I found out there was a loosen screw at the bottom of the lift's lever (the one in the cabin, near the "D-M-P" in your picture), so even I moved it a lot, the other part of the lever/axis would not follow its whole movement, thus only barely moving the lifter.

If you don't find anything like that, another possibility is that you have air "stuck" inside your hydraulic system - maybe even some dirt which came along the fluid while a schedule maintenance -, so it could be preventing any further movements and even damaging sliding components when you use it

Q1: What is this for/do ? (see picture)
The lever is called the reaction speed lever. It regulates the amount of oil flow to the hoist or the lifting cylinder.
So whether the hoist can lift quickly, slowly or not at all.
In the hoist control types M and D, it controls how strongly/quickly the hoist should react to impulses from the top link.
Hence the somewhat unwieldy name of this lever. ;)

The lever has no influence on the external oil connections.

Q3: There is another Lever showing 3 positions “D”, “M”, “P”.
What does this Lever do ? (see picture)
Your Zetor has the “Zetormatik” hoist control.

P = position control = you set a hoist height on the position lever and it holds it, so it doesn't regulate anything.
Good for mowing, turning hay, swathing hay, mulching, ...

D = 100% upper link control = depending on whether the upper link is pushed or pulled, your lifting gear can raise or lower itself slightly.
Good for plowing on very different soils. So for very difficult soil cultivation.

M = 50% upper link control = depending on whether the upper link is pushed or pulled, your lifting gear can raise or lower itself slightly. But not as much as in D. So it's a compromise between D and P.
Best option for plowing or heavy cultivation.

In ALL control types, the hoist can always move freely upwards. So the hoist cannot push. You could call it floating position, in all 3 control types P, M and D.

Why dou you not buy a instructions book for your Zetor model?
Or simply use the one from Zetor 5211 to 7745 Turbo as a alternative and free to download PDF:
:)
I mean this one: https://www.cals.cz/zetorservice/files/1/NEW/PDF/OLD/UR_I_5211-7745/UR I 5211-7745 GB.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back