• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 8201.1 (12145) will not move when in gear!

honeycuttmachine

Level 2
First name
HoneycuttMachine
Hi Guys,

A neighbor with an 80's model Zetor 12145 4WD tractor wont move when put in gear. I checked the hydraulic fluid level under the front seat and it was pitifully low, not even registering on the stick. We added perhaps 2.5 gallons of fluid so it registered properly on the dipstick. It still will barely move when put in gear any range, forward or reverse. Anyone have any suggestions? Did he burn something up by running it without fluid?

As a footnote, it will not operate the front hydraulics either, it appears to be hydraulic related as the engine runs fine, it simply will not move or lift/lower auxiliary hydraulics either.

Any and all suggestions welcomed! Thanks in advance.

Also, anyone with a link to an operator manual for the old girl would be great, I have had no luck at all finding a simple operations manual online anywhere.

Best Regards,

Jerry Honeycutt
USA

Not having low oil level in the gearbox shouldn't make any difference to the tractor as the clutch is dry her, so more likely it needs a clutch disc. Having no oil in it would affect the hydraulics and the torque and keeping the gears lubricated.

A neighbor with an 80's model Zetor 12145 4WD tractor wont move when put in gear. I checked the hydraulic fluid level under the front seat and it was pitifully low, not even registering on the stick. We added perhaps 2.5 gallons of fluid so it registered properly on the dipstick. It still will barely move when put in gear any range, forward or reverse. Anyone have any suggestions? Did he burn something up by running it without fluid?
As a footnote, it will not operate the front hydraulics either, it appears to be hydraulic related as the engine runs fine, it simply will not move or lift/lower auxiliary hydraulics either.

The reason the hydraulics won't work is because of not having enough oil, now that you have topped it up might make them start to work or you might need to bleed them first or maybe even the pump is bet from running dry.

I once had a similar problem on an Ursus 385 , which is the same as an 8011 Zetor . It turned out to be a little drive behind the power steering pump , situated on the right hand side in the bell housing .
DIY farmer might explain better. Also a failed torque pump would have similar symptoms, but I hope for your sake its not that . Major Labour involved.

If the torque pump was gone, you would be stuck in low on the splitters and the pto shaft would be spinning non stop. which still could be a problem if running the tractor with hardly any oil in it could cause this to happen if the pump gears got hot and dry. The torque pump is behind the bell housing, (by the way) which means splitting the tractor in two place.

Also any other shafts or drives coming from the gearbox to the clutch could wear from being too hot and dry, but to not be able move it at all sounds like the clutch or a worn main drive shaft either ways you would still have to spilt the tractor to fix.

Have you loaded the rear axle heavy ? The halfshafts sometines snap.

Will it move under its own power in 4wd ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back