• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

16145 pto clutch

chixnfix

Level 2
First name
chixnfix
Pto slips under the least load. Removed clutch pack, what are the thickness specs on these discs? Thanks

Its better to start checking the oil pressure of the pump of T/A, PTO and 4wd clutches first...

You 'er right, but the fwd and t/a work ok. What should the pressure be?

175 psi or 13 bar measured at one of the pipes that go into the PTO pack. Which pipe has pressure depends on the lever position

Right, so there isn't a problem with pressure.
You have checked the 3 "O" rings around the pack body, its essential these are sound, if so you will have to strip the pack, start with removing the big circlip and checking the cuff seal on the piston, I would be surprised if the plates are bad if you haven't let them slip for ages.
If these are OK then you will have to press the shaft out of the ta body, on this shaft are 2 metal piston rings whose ends hook together, these breaking are one of the common causes of sudden pack failure, don't worry about the little pistons around the pack , they are brakes and work off the second pressure pipe.
Hope this helps.

I don't think the piston ring was sealing. The new one comes with a modified piston, which I installed and has a much nicer fit. I'm sure it's good now. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back