• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

3 Point Linkage doesnt do squat

boorune

Level 2
First name
Boorune
Howdy,

Ive got a dirty old rusting 4712 that has sat idle for about 15 years. I have the old girl ticking over again and apart from some black sticky oil coming out exhaust, it seems to run ok.

My issue is the lift on the 3PL isnt doing anything.
When I first statrted it and attempted to raise, the arms came up but wouldnt go down. After it was shut down the arms came back down eventually. But now they dont move at all except if i manual lift and lower. It feels like the cylinder has disconnected from the arms as there is nothing restricting the arms going up and down. They are super limp.

Does the seal on the actuator piston ever fail?

The external hydraulic lines sound and look like are pressurizing when the inner circuit is manipulated.

Any ideas?

The 3pt works with cams and followers. There is rust underneath which the spring cannot overcome.

You give a very clear description that makes it easy to pinpoint the problem:

Lift the 3pt cover off and spray thoroughly with penetrating oil, then test on the workbench with compressed air till its freed.

Assemble back, with new o rings around the standpipe that brings the oil up from the lower diff housing

Great work Renze :):):)

The valve spool with follower was stuck in the fully raised position.

My project continues;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back