• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

3320 will not start

hornet

Level 2
First name
hornet
I have a 3320 that I can't get started. It started from a frozen clutch. Got stuck, was left a few days and when pulled out the clutch was frozen. You could start it in neutral but couldn't get it in gear when running. Tried to start it in gear and now when you turn the key to start it, it clicks a few times then it acts like the battery is dead. I tested the battery and it is fully charged. The electrical gauges loose power. It almost seems as if the starter is locked up. Any ideas or help will be appreciated.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I'm not getting home until after dark this week so it will be the weekend before I can try out your suggestions. If anyone else has any input post it and I'll work my way through all the suggestions.

I have a a 3340 doing the same thing. No electrical at all. Right now in Vermont, USA its still cold and tons of snow.

I park it on hill and use the slope to start. Once started I keep it going. Sometimes when it first did this I tightened every connection I could find. I did not check the ground on cab.

I have had an issue with my ignition before. Would a faulty ignition cause this same issue?

Thanks,
Doug

I got the 3320 started. Checked all the connections between the battery terminals and the starter. One of them must have been the problem. Thanks for the help .

Mine (3340) will still not start I have checked everything I can think of.

I do not know where the grounding wire from chassis to cab is.

No electrics when it is running either.

Thanks,
Doug

Hi Doug in Vermont, this is (another) Doug in Vermont. I assume you've checked the basics, like is the battery charged and when you did get it running (but with no electrics) was the alternator charging the battery? You could also run another ground wire from the battery to the engine block and to the cab.

Sounds like a tricky one! Good luck.

Sorry I forgot to update this, I had and still have some issues.

1) Found a bad connection at ignition switch (fixed)
2) Found a questionable ground (fixed)
3) Weak battery when placed under load (replaced)
4) Starter doesn't jump out. (NOT fixed) Solinoid is good. I have a feeling its the bendex spring. I need to pull it and get it rebuilt.

It isn't used a lot in summer. I have a big hill I park it on. Seems to start fine now ;)

Doug

Ok update #2

After getting a manual for my 3340 I have done some further checking.

I am not sure my solinoid is working. I have to check it further.

Doug

Ok here is one for the books...

I traced my problem to starter solenoid. I ordered one from dealer. I recieved and it had a cracked plastic housing. So, I mess with my old one and see if I can remove plastice housing. Let me say you can't (well you probaby could but it would be hard) and I broke an internal wire messing with it.

I get the dealer to take the new one back and replace it at no charge. I then put the old one back on. This was so wires were tucked up neatly and I could still use tractor (big hills are great).

Anyway, once all buttoned up, I jumped in and decided to try and start it. I don't want to have to get the truck and have the wife pull me and tractor to the "hill". Well to my astonishment it started right up.

Long story short, new solenoid broke, old one broke (remember broken wire from above). New one sent off to dealer, old one re-installed and it works. New one on the way, still needed (that darn broken wire again).

So, once this is done, Zetor will start fine. Then its time to replace the lift pump.

End of not starting story.
Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back