• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

3511 engine help

aijohnston

Level 1
First name
AJ
Hi
I am currently rebuilding a 3511 that i dragged from underneath a collapsed shed last year rebuilt the brakes at the beginning of winter. however I made the silly mistake of putting the old girl outside and forgot to drain the water. anyhow cut to the next scene after taking her inside to continue work discovered a small crack on the engine block behind the injection pump and there is water appearing between cyl heads 1 & 2. I suppose this is a silly question but does any one know of another 3 cyl engine not fussed what it is from a 4712, 4911 etc the tractor is not going to win prizes.

AJ

nothing major by the sound. got a mig welder? gouge the crack out a weld it up slowly. doing a small piece at a time. as for the heads. remove them and replace the core plugs.

matt

nothing major by the sound. got a mig welder? gouge the crack out a weld it up slowly. doing a small piece at a time.

With a little pre-heating, grinding a V-cut first, and welding 3 seconds at a time (then go do something else for a minute before doing the next bit) you can weld engine blocks pretty nice.
I have done my share of exhaust manifolds, top link brackets and the such. Just make sure you dont melt the liner O-ring

I bought a 3045 that had a crack in exactly the same place. I didnt know it was there when i bought it :(

ANyway, ive had it properly stitched and you cant tell its been done. As strong as it would be new. They cant do it if you've tried to weld though.

I put the engine back in today and it started straight up.

Check the heads too under the rockers, mine had cracked there as well! New heads are cheap though and they arrive tomorrow.

Have to say its the first Zetor i've had and its a great tractor! really clever engineering.

I have similar problem, however block was welded before and had become brittle. The frost damaged it again and a small square section of the block burst completely.
I know of a 4911 engine with good block and was wondering would this fit the 3511 or would there be any problems with doing this swap ?

According to tractordata.com the 4911 has Bore/Stroke:4.01x4.33 inches [102 x 110 mm] and the 3511 has Bore/Stroke: 3.74x4.331 inches [95 x 110 mm] so they are most likely the same 3 cylinder block but im unsure if it is possible to replace the cylinder liners to suit the piston size

Users who are viewing this thread

Back