• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

3545 zetor stuck in gear and wont move

paul_thomas

Level 2
First name
Thomo
My zetor is stuck in reverse (or second I think) and wont move. It will stall if I let clutch out. Have pulled cover off to try and line up gears in neutral( 1st/reverse will move slightly and 4/5 moves no worries) 2/3 wont move at all. It was in 4wd. What can I try and do now ? cheers

can you align all shift rods to neutral ? then try again.

Sometimes a shift fork breaks due to rough operators (present or past) and falls between the gears. Do you still have oil in it or can you look to the bottom ?

I can only align 1/reverse and 4/5 gears to neutral. 2/3 wont move.1/reverse will only move slighty too.
Yes there is oil in the box.
Cheers

Drain the oil and watch. You most probably have a broken shift fork stuck in there, below the oil.

Ok will do and see if there is anything in the bottom. Pretty sure all the shift forks were in place . Cheers

Could reverse and 3/4 be engaged at the same time. Something like that happened to mine when driving along. It broke teeth off of the gears wheels. One of my shift forks was broken allowing it to go in to more than one gear.
Poor tractor is still sitting in the yard, I havn't the where with all to fix it.

take the tractor out of 4wd, it should never be used in 4wd when it is in the low transmission. place high and low transmission speed lever in nuatral too. Get somebody to rock the rear wheels of the tractor as you try to realine the gear selectors.
good luck !

I experienced similar problems in my Zetor 6745. It turned out to be a broken 4th / 5th selector.
I would use the gear lever to put tractor into 4th gear, transmission went into 4th ok. Then would move gear lever out of 4th and into 3rd. Transmission wouldn't deselect 4th and would attempt to engage 3rd.
Result was a tractor wouldn't move and stalled as the clutch engaged.
Fixed by replacing the broken selector.
Gear lever out, top cover off, selectors easily reached.
With a bit of talent the broken selector could be welded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back