• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5211 Battery Size?

jeremiah

Level 2
First name
Jeremiah
Have a 5211 that won't keep a battery charged. I inherited the tractor with the farm purchase, so just going to start with a new battery since I know it sat for a very long time. Can't find what the correct size battery should be?

If the new battery doesn't help , where should I go from there?

In the manual it is recomended150Ah. If the winters is not so cold you can use a bit smaller. I use a Optima 50Ah with a cca 810A and it works fine in the Nordic winter.
If you have a multimeter messure the outgoing voltage from the alternator. If it is 14.1-14,4 the carging works. Messure the battery befor you start the tractor. 12,7 for a fully charged battery and about 12,2 for a poor charged battery.

Battery type 622 can be delivered from 125 to 180 Ah and cca up to 1000. High CCA helps start in cold weather. Have a look at Exide Maxxima or Optima both with AGM technology.

i'm having a heck of a time finding that size. What is the american equivalent to a 622?

Type 622 has a specific location for the poles. Not sure that Zetor sold in the US has the same type and location of the terminals. Measure the battery compartment and buy a battery suitable for 130 - 150 Ah and at least 900 CCA. Why not try an Optima. they are manufactured in US / Mexico and have both US and European standards at the terminals.
Tudor/Exide model is Serie "Start PRO TG1803" fits ZETOR 5211 in Europe
Check the measure.
https://www.exide.com/us/en/suppliers-partners

Users who are viewing this thread

Back