• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5211 Blowing white exhaust, clacking sound

cowsatwork

Level 1
First name
Cal

Machinery:
Zetor 4341 Super, 2x 5211
I was merrily starting off my spring tillage with the 5211 this afternoon when all of a sudden I heard a regular clattering and a bunch of white exhaust started blowing out the exhaust pipe. Power dipped also, and if I got the rpms just right, I could blow smoke rings.

We have almost 5000 hours on this tractor and have had it since 900 hours in 1997. Always been a good machine, never any engine problems.

My first thought is a head gasket. It is still on the hot side to check (though the temperature gauge never went above normal range), but how would I diagnose this, aside from looking at the coolant and the oil when cold? Or what else would be likely culprits -- poorly adjusted valves, something else...?

Take of the exhaust manifold, and carefully start it again.. Then you han see witch cylinder output who give the white smoke.. But be very careful to run the engine, the clacking sound indicate there is more problems here...

hi
Sounds to me that you got a stuck exsostvalv and the white smoke you see is unburnt diesel, the trik whit the exsostmanifold will tell you wat head to take of, clacking sound migt be the pistone hitting the valve so it migt be bent, if not just clean and reasemble.
Bjarne

Thanks for your suggestions and sorry to take so long to get back to this. Turns out the adjusting nut had completely backed off on the intake valve so the fuel wasn't going anywhere. Once the nut was back on and the valve clearance was adjusted, I was back in the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back