• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5211...front wheel is loose

donte

Level 1
Near Boerne , Tx in the center of the HILL COUNTRY
First name
Donte

Machinery:
Zetor 5211 with Westendorf loader and BushHog 236 shredder. Due to a broken back, my equipment has been in my tractor shed for too long; however new parts are arriving and physical update help has started.
I know this is a dumb question, but have only had this 5211 for a couple of weeks...and still haven't gotten any service manuals ; one of the front wheels appears loose....like a car wheel would be with a loose axle nut and/or worn bearings. Is the 5211 set up the same way....and what capacity jack do I need to lift the wheel up enough to remove it for inspection? I have a front loader...would it be possible to use it to assist in getting the wheel off the ground? I would appreciate any and all information I can get.

Hi , remove the hub cap jack up the front wheel and support with a axel stand, then remove split pin and undo the large nut, check the bearing is good and tight and loaded with greese if so replace the bearings and wheel and tighten the nut untill there is a slight bit of top to bottom movement and the wheel spins freely with no binding ,then replace the split pin and grease well , replace hub cap and check all is ok , if you find the bearings fall to pieces or are rusty on inspection you will need to replace them, hope this helps , if not call your local mechanic as this is as easy as it gets .;)
thanks martin

Martin...thanks, that is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I plan on trying to lift front wheels off the ground with the loader, then put blocks under the axle while checking the bearings....is this method a good or bad idea. Thanks guys.

The Health and Safety people won't like it but using the loader is quick and easy. If you observe sensible safety precautions (slings in good condition, loader of sufficient size to lift front of your tractor, adequate propping with non slip blocks, people out of lifting area....) you'll be OK.

does the front wheel do a bit of a speed wobble on a uneven road? if so there is a small key (bit of rectangular metal) at th top of the top of the steering pilar on the left hand side. this connects the steering rod (from under the cab) to the rest. it tends to wear down and i have found that i cant get a replacement so i just build the old one up with welds and hammer it back in so its a tight fit. it should last a couple of years before you should have to do it again. good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back