• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5211 Help

cuz

Level 2
First name
Cuz
Its been a while since I was last here but I still have my 5211 and love it!!

By know means do I know everything about this tractor and all its functions.. I still dont even know what all the levers do.. Anyways, I just do basic things around the property with it but always run into the same problem when using 3 pt impliments.. Is there a way to "float" an impliment so it follows the contours of the ground (like having it sepearted from the hydraulics)? For example, if I install a 3 pt snowblower, is there a setting or lever that will allow the snowblower to follow the contour in the ground as apposed to putting down pressure? Even if I set my up/down lever at a certain height, it will still skip over holes and dig into bumps. I just want it to lower, then float because my parking lot is stone and I dont want it to dig into it.. Even with skids on the blower I still dig into the stone so I was hoping there was something I could do to relieve it from the hydraulics? Or is there another lever that does this?

Thanks for any help !!!
Cuz
(Northern Michigan)

put the small lever D-M-P in the D position: It will lift the blower out of the top link, and drop it as soon as the snowblower drops (pulls on the top link: draft control senses this and drops the lift arms a bit)
When that works too agressive, try the M (mixed) setting.

Or else simply put it in "P" and leave the lever well down, but not all the way down as some tractors will lift a little with the lever at the bottom of the quadrant, then lengthen the top link a little so that it doesn't dig in,
Dave

I just went and looked and its currently set on M and I have never adjusted it since owning it so I will play with it tonight..

What is the lever next to the 3 pt raise/lower lever? The previous owner has it wired all the way forward.. He has it wired to the small lever thats directly in front of these 2 levers, which is set all the way to the left when looking at it from the front..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back