• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5211 hydraulics

hofman_ray

Level 2
First name
Ray Nye
Hi, new boy to the forum.
I've just bought a renovated 5211 and am getting slowly to grips with it but maybe someone can help with a specific. The selection lever for PTO and hydraulic pump has 4 positions but I cannot find a position that results in only the pump working and not the PTO. Neutral works and then the 'lower' two settings operate both the PTO and the pump together.
Any thoughts anyone?

Hi and welcome.

The front (lower) position is the one you need. You may find the pto is still turning by oil drag. Can you stop it with a piece of wood ? If not the PTO engagement lever, in the top of the gearbox may need replacing as the welds crack and stop the selector moving its full distance.

Mike

Same problem i have with my Zetor 4011. the PTO work's when the hydraulics works too. In the other 2 position of the lever it's do nothing.

Thanks for the comments; Mike, you may well be right. I tried your advice with the wood and I could stop the PTO rotation without any great effort, though it restarted once released, which I guess would be predictable.
If welds are cracked as you mention, how easy is it to check without major dismantling?

Hi

If the pto stops, as you tried, the lever is moving far enough and the weld is okay. You can't get to it untill the gearbox top is removed. It's not unusual to get a bit of drag on the shaft. If it is causing you any concern, there is a cap available which covers the pto shaft.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back