• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5211 PTO shaft removal

tom_n_ms

Level 2
First name
Gary
Tony or Renze or anyone else who can answer in the proper manner----If PTO circlip was broken or out of place wouldn't you feel the pto shaft have some movement in and out if you pulled and/or pushed on it? Tony, I know you had a broken clip on your tractor-do you know if you had in and out "play" before fixing it? Mine is tight-no movement whatsoever. Thanks

Looks like heavy hitch plate has to come off before u get to the pto shaft plate.

what pto shaft plate ?

This is what Was suggested.. "If it has not already been suggested remove the cover plate for the PTO shaft and see if the retaining circlip is broken. A shot in the dark but this solved some similar problems on my 3320." ------------- Any advice appreciated(Mine is a 5211 --1993 model. All I see is 4 bolts maybe 5/16 diameter and about 2 inches long that appear to hold the pto shaft guard in place Looks like other large bolts would have to come out then maybe the pto shaft pulls out--I just do not know..
Brian or anyone who knows, where is this pto cover plate and what has to be removed to be able to remove this cover plate..I'd really like to check this circlip if there is some possibility that it is causing my problem..Thanks again..

Ah, that plate... take the bolts out, put a PTO shaft on it and put the prybar in the U joint to take it off. It shouldnt be hard.

Thanks Renze will do as you say.. Thanks for the details-I would not have thought about attaching a pto shaft for extra leverage and prying.Will a gasket likely be destroyed? If a gasket is destroyed I plan to use Permatex ultra grey sealant unless you tell me I need to do something else..Thanks again. Gary

Black silicone :)

Thanks Renze--gotta pull it tomorrow..Prob not the problem but gotta look..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back