• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5211- Standard operating postions of levers for shredding-Newbie

ken_abbott

Level 1
First name
Ken Abbott
From my last thread, we are closing on this property on Friday and will take possision of the 5211. We've started the tractor and have it running, actually runs great.
Our problem comes when we try to understand the setup of the PTO and hydralic system.
We have purchased the operating manual and find the pictures to be terrible to see. The text is great, but refers to pictures that we can't see. You can only copy pictures so many times until a picture is no longer a picture. A call into Janseles for better pictures came up emtpy.
Can I get one of the experts to provide us the standard settings for the various levers so that we can start shredding on Saturday. If someone could list the postions that they would set the various levers to for shredding, that would save us alot of heartache and time.
If someone loves to write, this may be a good oppurtunity to explain what some of the positions of the PTO and Hydralic levers do and provide examples. That's only if someone loves to explaing this stuff to a newbie/rookie.
I am still looking for an expert in the local area to come out and give us some pointers and training.
Thanks for any help .

Dont feel bad Ken, my 5211 is the first tractor I have ever owned but this tractor is pretty user friendly. Although I am not an export, I have used my PTO alot..

On the 5211 you have 2 lever on the left side, next to the seat. The one farthest from the seat is the emergency brake (it faces forward). Be carefull if it hasnt been used in a long time, it may stick and lock up like mine did.
The lever closest to the seat is the PTO clutch (it faces the rear). Pull that lever up and it should lock in that position (your clutch will then be engaged). Now, you have 2 short levers on the floor (on each side of the PTO rpm knob). The one on the left is to engae the PTO and the one on the right is your high-low creeper gear. Pull the one on the left up about 1/2 way up and then release the clutch lever on the left side of the seat and your PTO should engage.

Hope that helps as far as the PTO goes.

Cuz

Thanks Cuz, your explaination confirms my reading of the operator manual . The operators manual is a little vague, but your explaination has put it in the right order.
Your explaination assumes your in one of the speed gears and the tractor is moving, so the PTO would turn as fast as the tractor is moving forward.
The other thing that I am assuming, is that independent PTO would require you to put the right lever on the floor, into neutral (speed select) and the left lever on the floor into PTO and Hydralic. This would allow the PTO to be independent of the tractor speed (stopped). The RPM of the PTO would be dependent on the throttle and selected gear shift position.
Since we are going to be using a post hole digger alot, plus schreder, I need to know both means to drive/turn the PTO but not necessarily move the tractor forward.
thanks again, and if I messed this up, don't hesitate to correct me where you see I'm wrong in my thinking.

If you want the PTO to run independant, you can either push the foot clutch in or put the standard gear shifter in neutral. You dont have to touch the short, high-low shifter. If I were to use a post hole digger, I would put the standard gear shifter in Nuetral and put the emergency brake on. Then you can use the engine speed lever to the right of the steering wheel to set the rpm's.. When you move to another spot, reverse the method I explained above to disengage the pto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back