• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5211 Zetor engine oil filter

tom_n_ms

Level 2
First name
Gary
Where is the oil filter located--I find fuel filter on left side and three other filters side by side on the right side-I think these three are hyd. filters--why 3 I do not know-maybe for three remote lines. If I can ever find the oil filter I plan to change the oil and use Rotella 15w40 or Delo400 15w40 oil --how much does it take..hadn't seen it in the operators manual . Thanks

Hi
The two filters upp front onright hand side is engineoil, take out one at a time and clean in diesel. The one at rear of engine is hyd.
Bjarne

Oil filter towards front has what looks like a drain plug toward the top and a large screwdriver slotted bolt. What are these? Also has a large head bolt at the center on top of both cannisters..I assume this is what releases the cannister or does cannister screw on??..When oil is changed does engine have to be primed or do u just crank it and it picks up?? Thanks

The Oil filter on my 6245 (should be the same on your tractor) has a large flat-head bolt on top. simply unscrew that and the whole thing will come off. Now take out the metal filter, separate the top half from the bottom half, clean with diesel, and put back together. It is very easy. youll want to do this after you've drained out your old motor oil from the engine. clean the filter, replace, then add new oil to the engine.

The two canisters that have a hex head bolt on top are where the fuel filters are. the small filter on the same side as those is the hydraulic filter. If you want to check the fuel filters, hold the bottom of a canister with one hand and remove the top bolt. the whole canister will drop. fill the canister back with diesel fuel before putting it back.

Hi
The two plugs on the filter holder is were the preshure/flowregulator is, dont boter fideling whit them.
You do release the filters whit the big bolt in senter.
@ RobbieH: Tre syl engines does not have the setrifuge thats on the four syl.
You dont nead to prime the oil pump, it will pick up on its own.
Bjarne

Just keep in mind that only the 4 cylinder engines were sold with the centrifugal oil filter. the 5211 has a filler cap on the right side (dipstick on the left)

So did all three(3) cylinder engines on the 5211 have two engine oil filters?

Yes they have two engine oil filters 1 is a full flow type 2 is a bypass type returning filtered oil strait back into the sump

Thanks to all who responded. I Plan to change the oil and tinker with it some tomorrow if it stops raining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back