• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

6045 won't start after 3-4 days not used

schuette

Level 2
First name
Zetor Oz
My 6045 won't start unless I spray easy engine start. When I use the spray it starts straight away. It starts when warm or after just a couple of days not used.

Is there a cold start button the the front of the injection pump? I'm not sure where to look for it. I just recently got the tractor.

Help .... Thanks

if the tractor not starting when its not used for a few days, sounds like the diesel is running back out of the pipes into the tank. try pumping the hand primer the next time before you try to start it and you will know if this helps it to start.

Excess fuel device on front of injector pump fuel tank is above pump so fuel should not leak back open passenger door and there is a brass fuel tap tee off the bottom of tank as time goes by rust can block the tap after that make sure all diesel hoses are good

The fuel tank cap also has a hole in them to vent the tank and on the primary pump is a wire gauge filter only need excess fuel device in cold weather as they are a super engine

Hi
Thanks for your reply. Question I have is:
1) where is the hand pump to prime fuel?
2) Do I just open the brass tap and how much fuel or or will come out?

Thanks again

The hand pump is the bit with a vertical glass bowl attach to it some time the round disk attach to the shaft of the plunger falls off and all you see is the shaft sticking up all you do is turn it clockwise and that should release it for pumping and the main diesel pump is a bleed screw on top of the pump casing might be a nut but it at the end of the casing

fuel tank is above pump so fuel should not leak back

Is the tank on 6045 under the cab at the right hand steps. We had a 7245 and that's where it was and this used to be a problem too.

Yes the tank is under the the side. I will look for tap and see if I can open it and drain anything.

With the pump will check and see how that goes and report back.

Thanks so much :)

Long time since we had those small models with the tank under the cabs used to put one way valves on the tank hoses but outside that if they have the gold bronze type of paint they will have an excess fuel button on the main diesel pump while the black chassis models had no excess button could be wrong I think this was the case thou

Long time since we had those small models with the tank under the cabs used to put one way valves on the tank hoses but outside that if they have the gold bronze type of paint they will have an excess fuel button on the main diesel pump while the black chassis models had no excess button could be wrong I think this was the case thou

I would guess that 6045 is a dark green colour chassis and has no button on the pump. its not going for a couple of days you could try filling the diesel tank up to the top and see if the pressure keeps it up.

its actually a black chassis and cab frame with orange engine bay walls and hood.

i will need to check this closer what it actually has ie- pump or button

its actually a black chassis and cab frame with orange engine bay walls and hood.

That may be the colour it is now but originally it was red bonnet and dark green chassis, people paint them black now as its universally available colour instead of going to the trouble of getting the correct dark green

Thanks for the update re the color. Makes sense. Great bit of info re starting. Appreciate it.

Ya I presume you have changed the diesel filter and the fuel comes up easy not a trickle coming through a ton of gunk slowing down the starting procedure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back