• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

6245 Air Filter

metersman

Level 2
First name
Metersman
Hello,

This is my first post. Ive been reading posts over the last few months and just purchased a 6245.

Im doing all the required maintenance. I have access to the owners and parts manual , but not the service manual yet. Ive searched the forum and cant seem to find any information about the air cleaner filter elements. The parts manual shows a filter element (931336) and suggests there should be 2 of them. I removed and cleaned the pre filter and replaced the oil from lower part of canister. Where are the 2 filter elements located? Can they be removed and cleaned?

Hello,
Ive searched the forum and cant seem to find any information about the air cleaner filter elements. The parts manual shows a filter element (931336) and suggests there should be 2 of them. I removed and cleaned the pre filter and replaced the oil from lower part of canister. Where are the 2 filter elements located? Can they be removed and cleaned?

If you have the oil pan off at the bottom of the air filter unit, put hand up into the unit from underneath, there should like a handle on a plate cover, pull that down to the ground and in there you will find 2 horse hair filters. They should be a light brown colour but if they are black change them, easy to get. they are tied with twine, so if over time they have rotten just be careful pulling them.

Thanks diy farmer. Looks like the handle is no longer in place, just two hooks that held the handle. I appreciate the quick response and will give it a shot when it warms up again.

Thanks diy farmer. Looks like the handle is no longer in place, just two hooks that held the handle. I appreciate the quick response and will give it a shot when it warms up again.

Glad it worked out for you. Be sure to change them if they are black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back