• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

7245 brakes smokin

mwburns

Level 2
First name
mwburns
Hi, ive just been out on my first job with the 7245 i got last year ,i thaught i had solved most of the problems, but on my way home the tractor felt abit slugish then there was the slowing down then the smelll then the smoke ,i know what your thinking i should have stopped earlier but the road was fast and dangerous , so i stopped as soon as i could,now i guess the brake was binding on the left by the smoke coming out of the handbrake pushrod hole ,is it not returnig properly,is it the slave cylinder ? how do i get at the brakes as they have the pipes and cylinders on the back ie. wet disks i think.
please help as i need her for work on monday.
thanks martin

Hi

If you take the plastic cover off the back of the rear axle you will see the slave cyl. Try levering it off as it could be siezed. Make sure the handbrake linkage/cable is free.
If all is free, jack it up and check the adjustment. The 19mm nut should be, from the wheel locked, backed off by 1.75 turns. You may be okay with 1.5 turns but they will sometimes overheat if they're too tight. The tractor has dry disc brakes.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back