• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

7245 Brakes

valley7245

Level 1
First name
Valley7245

Machinery:
Zetor 7245
My brake fluid level is up, the left brake works perfect, i.e. press in the LH brake pedal, and the left wheel stops rotating, release the LH brake pedal and you can rotate tire manually.
However, the RH brake pedal does not have the same effect on the right wheel. Press the RH brake pedal to the bottom of its travel to get the right wheel to stop rotating. Thus, when the pedals are locked together, the LH wheel stops rotating long before the RH wheel.
I have bleed the RH system, and the results are still the same....Any ideas as to where I should start, or what I should do short of taking the RH wheel off...and looking in side at the brake shoes , etc.
Thanks in advance for reading, and responding with your ideas.
Valley7245

Take off the black plastic cover on the brake actuator, and in the centre of the arm that the cylinder moves you will see a 19mm socket size nut, sometimes 1 nylock or else 2 nuts backed together. You will need a thin walled, preferably deep, socket or the box spanner that came with the tractor when new.
Jack up the wheel so you can turn it by hand and then screw in the nut(s) until the wheel just binds, then back it off 1 turn. Your brake pedal should then press down 2/3rds of the way.
If the pedals are linked together then expect them to go down about 50mm. the reason for the difference is due to the shuttle valve that isolates each pedal when pressed seperately.
Do you have a hyd trailer brake fitted ?, this will use brake fluid as well and the RH brake should be bled from the operating valve
Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back