• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

mwburns

Level 2
First name
mwburns
Hi all just a few questions i would like answers to please
1 . where does the hydraulic filter go , if its underneath i presume you have to drain the oil
2 . does , the asisted steering only work well when you are moving as i have had the pressure checked , replaced the ram , new oil and filter and it still doesn`t turn when the tractor is not moving, but i do have a large loader and no weights on the back
3 . when i have been using it for a while and stop it dumps engine oil out of the breather , is this the piston rings / is it common? and will it actualy do any harm if i keep the oil topped up
4 . i have a oil pump on the front pulley ,does this drive the hydraulics for the loader along with a internal pump as i have the pipes in the spool valves , do i have to have the pto engaged and does it make any difference if its in 540 or 1000 rpm

hope you can find the answers somewhere in that mighty knowledge of yours ;) , well i guess you are not doing much else with it in this weather;).
thanks martin

Hi , i have changed a large filter today that is in line between the underneath of the back end and the pump at the front , it`s quite big and cost 30 :eek:.
is there still another filter under there that does the back end ? and does anyone else have one with these inline filters in there 7245 ? , it did make a difference to the speed of the hydraulics , any help with the other questions would be great .
thanks martin

Yes, at 1000 engine rpm the pump makes enough flow and pressure to move wheels under large loaders.

the oil pump in the backend is driven through the PTO shaft. It doesnt like being used at 1000 rpm PTO, but when the pump is shot, its the only way to get some work out of it.

If your tractor has a crankshaft mounted oil pump, you can safely bet it just operates the loader.

To seal the piston rings, you should give it a good workout: our 5245 leaked a lot when we first got it, and used about a liter per day. When i turned the fuel pump up and went subsoiling a field, the piston rings sealed and now it doesnt use a droplet.

Thanks renze , are you saying that the tractor has to be moving and reving at 1000 rpm for the asister ram to work on the steering ?
is there anything you can add to the engine to free up the rings thanks martin

Yes, my 5245 also steers better when i keep it at 1000 engine rpm or higher.

To free the rings, i put brake fluid on top of the pistons, when re-doing the heads. It dissolves any carbon buildup.

Let it soak for a night, then use cloth to take everything off and reinstall the heads.
Use it for light work for an hour or 2, then give it an OIL CHANGE !!
brake fluid kills all lubricating properties of engine oil, so its important to change the oil before doing heavy work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back