• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

7321 wet sleeve seals

hillbilly

Level 2
First name
hillbilly
i need to replace o rings on wet sleeves of my 7321. at present only one is leaking and i want to repair that one without breaking the tractor apart. if i remove the head, rod and piston from that cylinder, is there an easy way to remove the sleeve without using any special tools. also how do i find correct postion for valve adjustment after reinstalling sleeve and head? thanks

I havent done this myself, but have seen others doing it:

The valve pushrods are married to the cups and rockers etcetera. mark them and re-install to the exact same position as you removed them.

The local dealer used a kind of lever, and a piece of wood to pull sleeves, and to push them back. it was a lever with a stand, the stand was placed on top of the block, and the pull arm was strapped around a piece of wood under the sleeve.

pushing back, he bolted the lever onto a head bolt, to push it on a piece of wood to prevent scratches and damage.

I dont think the valve gear needs re-adjustment if you put everything back to the original place, because it is a side mounted camshaft design.
I do think it is possible to do the job with only one head, the oil pan and one connecting rod and piston removed.

When I replaced sleeves on my 10145 I used a hydraulic jack and piece of wood to remove them.I pushed them out from underneath after removing the head,sump,pistons.How do you know which is leaking? best job is to replace all.

thanks for info, this was what i intended to try but didn't know if the seals were so tight that they might need to be pressed out and back in. after discovering water in the oil, i borrowed a small pump and pressurized the radiator, with the oil pan removed, you can look up from underneath and see water coming from the offending cylinder. thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back