• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

7341 COOLING

aussie_zetor

Level 2
First name
AUSSIE ZETOR
Re 7341 super turbo cooling system. Excessive loss of coolant/water from radiator. I operate in high ambient temperatures ( 35c plus) the radiator overflows leaving level below core tubes. I have fitted higher pressure cap, removed thermostat. Water flow is very turbulant. Head gaskets etc are ok.
Has any other owners experienced similar, or is it that this cooling system ( air conditioner condensor fitted in front of radiator) is not sufficent for these temps.

Hi Aussie Zetor ,

How can you be so sure that your head gasket is OK?

Are there bubbles in the turbulence you describe?

Are you using pure water in the rad or do you add a summer coolant?

TomZ
[glow=green,3]Tom in Ireland[/]

We have had the same problem with our 7341 it turned out to be one or all of the cylinder head gaskets leaking a very small amount of compression which results in blowing the coolant out! I would change all 4 gaskets with the correct turbo gaskets & torque down to 150lbs ft (The book says 120lbs ft). Run for 20Hrs & re-torque to 150lbs ft again this should cure your cooling problem.

Hi, from previous experiences thermostat removal can cause overheating as the coolant passes through the radiator so quickly its temp is not reduced suficiently, this then returns uncooled & so it can go on. Good luck with all.Mike NZ

I have replaced head gaskets, thermostat, re positioned fan in relation to radiator shroud. orginally set too close to radiator inside shroud due to air conditioner compressor belt clearance. have run for 10 hours all apears OK Thanks to all for their response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back